Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 17:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 21:42 

Well I was just noting it should be included in the report. Though I did think actual gameplay issues were counted, even in TH, just not minor HUD stuff.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 22:30 

For grading I considered the fixed camera tours in the crypts as cut-scenes. When you get to a spot the camera runs through a circuit to show you the path to take.

You could argue that it is something else but these things are not really differentiated in the grading criteria. If people want to discuss it I can get a video up if needed. Or maybe someone can link a YouTube clip.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 21:10 

For grading I considered the fixed camera tours in the crypts as cut-scenes. When you get to a spot the camera runs through a circuit to show you the path to take.

You could argue that it is something else but these things are not really differentiated in the grading criteria. If people want to discuss it I can get a video up if needed. Or maybe someone can link a YouTube clip.

I would call those cutscenes as well, the other dude insinuated the fixed camera positions when playing the tombs were 16:9 forced, as in when you reach a point and the camera stops responding to show you where you can jump backwards to.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 23:00 

I would call those cutscenes as well, the other dude insinuated the fixed camera positions when playing the tombs were 16:9 forced, as in when you reach a point and the camera stops responding to show you where you can jump backwards to.

Not that you mention it there are one or two places where the camera may be fixed like that to show a jump area. I will have to see if they pillarbox.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 04:38 

I added in a blurb about some unnecessary pboxing in surround. All we need is confirmation from surround users about behavior for a grade.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010, 00:17 

The link from the wiki doesn't work for this game.

If people want to get into the config see :-

"C:UsersAdministratorAppDataRoamingUbisoftAssassin's Creed 2"

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010, 07:41 
Editors
Editors

There is no Wiki page yet, that's all... but the link to the DR works, right ? ;)

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 11:55 

I have a strange problem, I don’t have widescreen monitor, and the game worked on 4:3 but when I started to play today it changed to widescreen its annoying and I don’t know how to change it back to 4:3, any ideas :?:

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 21:25 

I have a strange problem, I don’t have widescreen monitor, and the game worked on 4:3 but when I started to play today it changed to widescreen its annoying and I don’t know how to change it back to 4:3, any ideas

The game supports aspect ratios 16:9 and wider.

If you were getting fullscreen in 4:3 it was most likely being stretched or cropped by your display or graphics card.

Unless you are talking about not being able to select a 4:3 resolution. Not sure what to say about that.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010, 02:20 

How can the game be certified if you can't even get full use of your screen with 16:10 aspect ratio? I run at 25x16 and it is horizontally boxed top and bottom. I don't recall this happening on my 19x12 screen, though.