Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 07:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Vampire Bloodlines
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 08:25 

2560x1600 successfully tested with resolution patcher on Steam version.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 01:39 

the respatcher doesn't start. can someone pltz send me the updated dll? (need 1920x1080)?

The respatcher works. It just does. Have you placed it in the 'bin' folder and run it from there? And have you got MS net v1.1 installed? In XP?

If all three of these criteria are met, the respatcher will work...

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2009, 06:04 

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but r_anamaorphic 1 can be put into Vampirecfgautoexec.cfg and it will be automatically be applied every time. The FOV 69 doesn't quite work, but I actually prefer the little zoomout that I get.

Edit:
You can also put

bind "p" "FOV 69"

into the autoexec.cfg, then whatever key you put into where I have p can be used to change the FOV

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2009, 19:19 

First post! This place is a great resource and I check here first when looking to find widescreen support for older titles.

VTMB: Personally, I couldn't get the stand-alone resolution patcher (vtmbrespatcher.exe) mentioned in the original post to work. However, the respatch found in the latest unofficial patch (http://www.planetvampire.com/) worked like a charm, and it also sets the anamorphic attribute and FOV at the same time. Hope this helps anyone else who has similar problems.

Post subject: Re: Vampire Bloodlines
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 01:22 

Hey Cranky, pretend I could set the a custom aspect ratio in VTMB like so.

If I can get the closest available fov for a handful of aspect ratios could we develop a formula to calculate your new fov based on your custom aspect ratio even if it is not perfect?

Or should we tell people to figure it out themselves?

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 00:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Approximate values are fine, but I don't like the idea of providing approximate formulas. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a formula.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 00:31 

Approximate values are fine, but I don't like the idea of providing approximate formulas.

Then I will vote for none of the above.

This DR is obsolete.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 01:02 

This isn't really up to snuff for a confirmed solutions thread so I will put it here. Someone can test if they desire.

This method should work up to at least a 48:9 aspect ratio.

1. Use the Vampire respatch to set your resolution or edit manually using the instructions found here...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/

Or here...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/fo ... 56&t=11899

2. Go to "Game DirBin" and open "engine.dll" with a Hex editor. Search for the following...

39 8E E3 3F

This is a 16:9 aspect ratio. Replace it with your desired aspect ratio (do nothing if you are using 16:9) using this link to the formatted aspect ratio values.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/fo ... 68#p187968

3. If the fov you are going to be using is 99 or less use the respatch to change the default fov or set it manually by going to "Game DirVampirecl_dlls" folder and opening "client.dll" with a HEX editor. Search for the text string "default_fov" and you will find that entry followed by a number which should be 75 if you have not modified it. Select the number and change it to your new fov.

If the fov you are going to be using is over 99 you need to set it in-game with the console. Add "-console" to the target field in the game shortcut's properities. When you are in-game press the tilde key and type "fov ??" for your new fov. You need to save your game after doing this.

4. Use the respatch to set the r_anamorphic setting to 1 or do it in-game using the console. Type "r_anamorphic 1" to do so. Instructions for activating the console are in step 3.

5. You are done. The game is not perfect. The computer views and the like have their own fixed fov but they are playable at least to 16:9 x 3. There will be object clipping at the edges of your display in wide aspect ratios. You can live with it or lower the fov.

The games default fov is 75. When you use the anamorphic toggle the games fov increases but it doesn't know that. If you are trying to match up to the origina; 4:3 75 fov you will not get it perfect but you can get it close. Aspect ratios narrower and close to 16:9 will have a fov less than 75 while the wider ones will be higher.

For example, 3x16:9 displays have a fov closest to the original at 108. At 108 you will have a certain amount of clipping on the display edges until your fov is around 96. Lower fov less clipping. Narrower aspect ratio less clipping. You get the drill.

Post subject: Vampire Bloodlines Wide
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 10:04 

Can anyone tell me how can I increase the screen resolution, and the various video filters to improve the graphics?

I have to play with the Patch Unofficial 3.0, because the only one with a new Italian translation. I tried a mod called Repatcher but in practice one takes my view on the bottom of the screen, and I do not know how to move it to fit properly.

My monitor has a native resolution of 1680 * 1050.

My PC configuration:

> Motherboard: Asus Rampage II GENE
> Chipset: Intel X58
> Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2666MHz
> Physical Memory: 6144MB (3 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM)
> Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
> Hard Disk: Maxtor 6Y160M0 ATA Device (164GB)
> Hard Disk: Western Digital WD7501AALS-00E8B0 ATA Device (750GB)
> Hard Disk: SCSI Disk Device HDS72258 0VLAT20 (82GB)
> DVD-Rom Drive: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-108
> DVD-Rom Drive: ZQB XYFS5IJO
> Monitor Type: Samsung SyncMaster - 7 inch
> Network Card: Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
> Operating system: Windows 7 Media Center Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (32-bit)
> DirectX: Version 11:00
> Windows Performance Index: 4.5 of 7.9
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After Repatcher put in the Bin folder and inserted the appropriate resolution 1680 * 1050, the game I cut the bottom of the screen.

I went and wrote the file autoexec.cfg FOV "69", and activated the r_anamorphic "1" on the config.cfg.

The screen shows me this:

Help!

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2017, 23:34 

where can you download the resolution patcher? I have been unable to find a working link

If you like my build, please give me a +1 on ModsRigs. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next