Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Sep 2024, 18:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2008, 05:20 
Founder
Founder

I have uploaded all the files for widescreen at http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/WSGF_Hacks_for_SW:KOTOR

Too bad the game is broken in TH2Go. With no subtitles, there's no way to play.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2008, 08:38 

Whomever makes a centered HUD for this game is a true god among men.

It would be a matter of editing the LEFT values in the process described earlier. Very tedious, but not difficult.

However, as I very much suspected, Ibrin has confirmed surround resolutions have the missing text issue. The wider the resolution, the thinner the letterbox bars; once they drop below 100 pixels - kiss the text goodbye. I kept searching for a way to change the ratio of the letterbox bars and never found anything; at tihs point I'm pretty sure it's just hardcoded into the game and we'll never be able to fix it.

I will be doing 2560x1600 because Ibrin requested it and said the text wasn't too small.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2008, 16:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Not to take credit from Stevedroid for his work on the HUD files (Which he admittedly did more manual work than I did on the gui files) , But the new KOTOR page says that He figured out how to edit the files. However I was the one whom Originally discovered and posted the edited gui files and told him how to edit them. So it only seems fair that I get at least some mention.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2008, 18:23 
Founder
Founder

Not to take credit from Stevedroid for his work on the HUD files (Which he admittedly did more manual work than I did on the gui files) , But the new KOTOR page says that He figured out how to edit the files. However I was the one whom Originally discovered and posted the edited gui files and told him how to edit them. So it only seems fair that I get at least some mention.

My apologies that I didn't follow the process flow on this major accomplishment. There is certainly no intent to deny credit. I have edited the KOTOR page, and I've also added you as an Insider.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008, 00:24 

[quote]Not to take credit from Stevedroid for his work on the HUD files (Which he admittedly did more manual work than I did on the gui files) , But the new KOTOR page says that He figured out how to edit the files. However I was the one whom Originally discovered and posted the edited gui files and told him how to edit them. So it only seems fair that I get at least some mention.

My apologies that I didn't follow the process flow on this major accomplishment. There is certainly no intent to deny credit. I have edited the KOTOR page, and I've also added you as an Insider.
Ack it's my fault. Sorry Malakaius, I should have said something to Ibrin. To be honest, I didn't really care if I was credited at all and I'm a little overwhelmed by how much mention he gave me, so it never dawned on me to make sure I had a "with thanks to" section.

Malakaius got it all started by linking me to the tools and doing the first hud edit, I learned the process by taking a look at his example.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008, 01:13 
Insiders
Insiders

Its all good, all sorted out now, I'm just glad we could help more people enjoy the game in true widescreen :)

Edit: And Thank you Ibrin, I hadn't even known what an Insider was before I got the email :oops: Hehe

EditEdit: Also, Nice work on the Menu Backgrounds Stevedroid, They look Much better.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 18:32 

Hey, uhhh... any chance someone could make me one for 1280x768?
Please?

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 19:07 

Hey, uhhh... any chance someone could make me one for 1280x768?
Please?

Read this please:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic#Known_Issues

1280x768 is such an oddball resolution because it's 15:9, not 16:10 or 16:9 like everything else. I suggest you setup a custom resolution of 1500x900 and use the files for 1440x900. It's not going to be perfect, but it should be close enough that it won't bother you.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2008, 05:46 
Founder
Founder

2560x1600 works flawlessly. Thanks Stevedroid. Some folks might not like the minimal HUD, but I love it. Now, I'll finally get around to playing this.

Click the thumb for the full sized 2560x1600 image...

PostPosted: 02 May 2008, 04:53 

Well I finally got off Taris. Here's how the turret minigame holds up in widescreen:

It does very well, it's hor+ like the rest of the game. You can see the cockpit model isn't quite finished there on the sides which would normally be off screen, but it's not very distracting.

Swoop racing also holds up fine. It does use a 2D overlay, but's it's centered. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot. I'll post one up once I get to Tatooine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 32  Next