Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Aug 2024, 06:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 02:04 
Insiders
Insiders

I have not seen any font size references in the gui files yet, so the only way to lower the font size that I'm aware of at the moment is the "Use Small Font" option in the ingame menus. I "think" it is under gameplay or feedback options if you scroll to the bottom, though I'm sure you have already tried this.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 02:17 

I have not seen any font size references in the gui files yet, so the only way to lower the font size that I'm aware of at the moment is the "Use Small Font" option in the ingame menus. I "think" it is under gameplay or feedback options if you scroll to the bottom, though I'm sure you have already tried this.

Wow, never even noticed that option. :oops: Tried it, and sadly it doesn't fix the missing text issue. Guess that blows my hypothesis out of the water.

It just seems so weird that the missing text issue only affects resolutions below a certain size.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 02:38 
Insiders
Insiders

I think I have found the gui file that controls the conversations screen(dialog.gui ironically), am trying to figure out what the different values are for, though I don't think my monitor can run at that resolution so I'm not sure I will be able to test any changes unfortunately.

EDIT: Editing that file seems to have no effect, may be *another* remnant of the Xbox interface left in the games files.

EDIT2: Ok, That may be the correct file after all, will keep playing with it and see if i can make it shrink the text. Screenshot included just for kicks

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 03:21 

Cool, thanks for the effort.

Also, Tanuki: Unfortunately the hex edit for the movie resolution doesn't work for me.

I used UniWS for the first two parts and edited both hex strings for step three. The resolution of the logo movies when the game starts up is changed. However, oddly enough, it seems that movies during the actual game are not changed. E.g the first movie during the game is after you eject in the escape pod, the one the typical Star Wars text scrawl, still plays at 640x480 for me. The "nighmare" movie right after that is at the same resolution as well. Looks like the logo movies being the right res doesn't guarantee the in-game ones are.

Are there additional hex strings that need to be changed?

-----update----

Ack nevermind Tanuki, it does work, I made a typo in my hex edit :oops:

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 03:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Stevedroid: Could you post of a screenshot of your game at the conversation window so I know how big of a box I have to work with in resizeing the dialog? I have figured out how to make less text show up, resulting in only 2 options before haveing to scroll, so I may be able to make it fit so the game doesnt decide to just not render it at all.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 03:44 

Yup here you go. At 1360x768, the lower pane is 93 pixels.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 03:51 
Insiders
Insiders

hmm... ok, I uploaded a modified file for you to try, just extract it to your override folder and let me know if it works, if you wouldn't mind :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/102926945/dialog.rar.html

Below is how it shows up on mine

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 04:05 

Unfortunately the text was still missing. Guess the problem lies elsewhere. I really appreciate the effort though, thank you very much.

The scaled resolution isn't too bad, and it's still a lot better than playing the game pillarboxed or stretched, so I can live with it.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 04:17 
Insiders
Insiders

I think I may have gotten it, if you don't mind trying 1 more file (Now it's driving me nuts) Extract this gui file to your override
http://rapidshare.com/files/102930513/dialog2.rar.html

:D

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 04:34 

Still no luck. Tried it with both normal and small font. It might just be something hardcoded in the game engine that can never be fixed.

Please don't spend anymore of your time on this on my account, you've already put more effort into it than I could have hoped for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 32  Next