Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 04:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Clive Barker's Jericho
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 12:41 

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Clive Barker's Jericho

Clive Barker's Jericho is a supernatural horror-themed FPS computer game with horror author Clive Barker providing the premise for the game.

Game players assume the role of the leader of the Jericho Squad – a seven man Special Forces strike team that protects U.S. interests against paranormal threats. Each member of the squad is an expert in modern warfare as well as their own different para-psychological disciplines, including clairvoyance, alchemy, blood magic, exorcism, etc.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by DubiZubi on 13 Nov 2013, 10:17, edited 4 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 17:30 

No actual cut-scenes. the developers "control" the player camera, moving and controlling the character as they want for plot purposes.

You are going to be grilled on this so I might as well give you a heads up.

Do you mean the whole game plays this way? Or only certain points? Is this like an arcade gun-game?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 20:53 

No, there are certain parts of the game (few seconds each) that you have to press the direction keys on certain ways to pass the "action sequence". Nothing hard, after the first one you should get the hang of it. You get the direction you need to press to pass it on the screen too.

Nothing difficult or large part of the game. Just, I don't know, 1% of the game?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 21:50 

Do you mean like the Shenmue fight scenes?

Is the camera controled by the game? That is basically a cut-scene.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 21:57 

Do you mean like the Shenmue fight scenes?

Is the camera controled by the game? That is basically a cut-scene.

Let's say it is a cut-scene. It uses the game engine, so nothing in your view is flawed. if you use a 4:3 aspect ratio, you will see "less" in this cut-scene, as well in the entire game.

So if this is a cut-scene, it is handled properly.

No, there are certain parts of the game (few seconds each) that you have to press the direction keys on certain ways to pass the "action sequence". Nothing hard, after the first one you should get the hang of it. You get the direction you need to press to pass it on the screen too.

Nothing difficult or large part of the game. Just, I don't know, 1% of the game?

I Would say it is even less than that.
and those arrows that appear, are like the other HUD elements, position themselves nicely.

PS. - I'll have to admit, When I read the first previews for this game I wasn't very excited about it, but this is a rather intense and cool game!

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 23:35 
Insiders
Insiders

One bit of inconsistency here. In the "method" section, you say that all you do is select your resolution, which implies that aspect ratio is automatic. But in "aspect ratio," you say that you select your aspect ratio. What's the complete story? If the game has an aspect ratio option with an "auto" option that works, you should just say in both sections that it should be left at "auto."

No actual cut-scenes. the developers "control" the player camera, moving and controlling the character as they want for plot purposes.

Those are "actual" cut-scenes. In order for this report to be complete, it needs to have comparison shots. A 4:3 and 16:10 shot will be sufficient.

== Grading ==

Calculated grade: B
Potential grade: Certified

Major unresolved issues:
Need cut-scene comparison shots.
Are 1440x900, 1920x1080, and 1920x1200 supported?

Minor unresolved issues:
None

Cranky's coverage estimate: 88.5%

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 23:55 

One bit of inconsistency here. In the "method" section, you say that all you do is select your resolution, which implies that aspect ratio is automatic. But in "aspect ratio," you say that you select your aspect ratio. What's the complete story? If the game has an aspect ratio option with an "auto" option that works, you should just say in both sections that it should be left at "auto."

I'm sorry for the confusion, but that what I've understood from the template, it says in Method to say if it's native or not, and if for example native is vert- and with a fix it's hor+.
While in the Aspect ratio section it says to say if it's selectable, or automatic.

To tell the truth, never truly understood why we need both sections, they could be included in one section as "Screen Changes & Aspect Ratio", with screenshots in there, and not have to take 2 different screenshots in each aspect ratio.

About editing the report, I have to go now, I'll do the required steps when I'm back.

Peace.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 00:38 
Insiders
Insiders

:?:

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 00:45 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm sorry for the confusion, but that what I've understood from the template, it says in Method to say if it's native or not, and if for example native is vert- and with a fix it's hor+.

In method you explain what you need to do to make the game work at its best in widescreen. If this means that a setting in the options menu should be set a certain way, you should mention it here.

While in the Aspect ratio section it says to say if it's selectable, or automatic.

All you need in the aspect ratio section is to show 16:10 and 16:9 comparison shots, using the method you previously described, and to summarize what's going on.

To tell the truth, never truly understood why we need both sections, they could be included in one section as "Screen Changes & Aspect Ratio", with screenshots in there, and not have to take 2 different screenshots in each aspect ratio.

There are a number of reasons. The "screen change" section corresponds to the "screen change" column in the MGL. It isn't concerned with multiple aspect ratios - it just summarizes what happens to the screen in the transition from 4:3 to widescreen, and in a short phrase that can fit into an MGL column. The "aspect ratio" section is more in-depth, and is there to determine whether or not the "screen change" is consistent across both 16:10 and 16:9. If you were to do a DR where it is not consistent, then merging the "screen change" and "aspect ratio" sections would make the section too complex for its purpose.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 02:03 

For thoses interested, it does support 1920x1200