Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 06:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: APB: All Points Bulletin
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 07:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C

Read Full Detailed Report - APB: All Points Bulletin

APB: All Points Bulletin is a Multiplayer online video game for Microsoft Windows based in urban sprawls and featuring two sides, Enforcers and the Criminals. Players may join either the Enforcers or the Criminals, and form sub-groups in these.

Post subject: APB: All Points Bulletin
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010, 01:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - APB: All Points Bulletin

APB: All Points Bulletin is a Multiplayer online video game for Microsoft Windows based in urban sprawls and featuring two sides, Enforcers and the Criminals. Players may join either the Enforcers or the Criminals, and form sub-groups in these.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by fuzioninfinity on 02 Mar 2014, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010, 06:00 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm fairly sure that I didn't; I believe it has something to do with how the game seems to crop a majority off of the top of the screen, however the area at the bottom seems to always be visible by about the same amount. It's also third person with a over-the-shoulder camera. If you look closely, the small white dot in the middle of the screen (my out of combat crosshair) remains in the same spot at the base of the stairs in all 4 shots. Regardless, I took a new set of shots so you can compare. Things in the background moved in comparison to the character - and I unplugged my mouse between changing resolution settings. I guarantee the camera was not moved at all. Any camera movement was a result of the resolution changing, not my mouse moving. I will leave both sets up for you to possibly confirm this.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010, 07:13 
Insiders
Insiders

I believe it has something to do with how the game seems to crop a majority off of the top of the screen, however the area at the bottom seems to always be visible by about the same amount.

That wouldn't cause the character's head to become aligned with a different part of the background.

Actually, it occurred to me that it's not the angle that's changed. It's the camera distance. If you compare the 4:3 shot with the widescreen, the PC is standing in the same spot in both shots, and the building in the distance is in the same spot, but the distance between them is bigger in the 4:3 shot. This suggests to me that in your widescreen shots, the camera distance is too far out. Or the 4:3 shot's camera distance is too far in. At the same time, widescreen makes the camera zoom in, which is not the opposite of increasing the camera distance - you can do both, and they don't cancel eachother out, but instead you get a weird depth distortion effect, which is why the distance between two landmarks which have not moved seems to have increased.