Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 09:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2016, 22:29 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: A

Read Full Detailed Report - Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Here it comes, the PC version of the Japan-made WRPG from 2012.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by scavvenjahh on 06 Jun 2017, 03:54, edited 6 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2016, 01:06 

Wow, that's quite appalling.

Another console port restricted to 16:9.

I'd be fine with a stretched HUD and whatnot (like Dark Souls 2), but no, it's just absolutely unplayable in 21:9 or wider.

I guess we have to politely ask HaYDeN if he can take a look at it.. HUD should be easier to fix than the rendering issues, right? (personally I hate DoF, so it being off doesn't matter for me)

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2016, 03:50 
I Donated
I Donated

Wow, took them four years to bring this on PC, but at least it's here.

Looking forward to playing this one! Shame about the multi-monitor support.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2016, 07:16 

:TrueWS: Is there any chance at someone looking into a fix to get 21:9 up and running correctly on this game? Im fairly new with all of this, is there still people here working on flawless widescreen or fixes?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2016, 14:17 

Hayden pls, I summon you.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2016, 01:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey guys, I just sent a copy to HaYDeN and asked if he could check it out when ever he has time so hopefully he can get around to it and the fix is not that bad with the HUDs and menus.

As some of you said I agree I don't give a shit about DOF either we don't need it to work, I only care about the menus and HUDs, so hopefully its not that bad.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2016, 03:28 

valcan_s wrote:
Hey guys, I just sent a copy to HaYDeN and asked if he could check it out when ever he has time so hopefully he can get around to it and the fix is not that bad with the HUDs and menus.

As some of you said I agree I don't give a shit about DOF either we don't need it to work, I only care about the menus and HUDs, so hopefully its not that bad.

Thats awesome man! thanks a ton. Ive seen his name quite a bit around here. It seems as if hes the go to guy with this stuff eh? Is he affiliated with this website do you know? Or is he just a member that contributes? The reason Im asking is because I really appreciate people who take their time to fix this stuff for other people and Im wondering where I could donate that its going to get to the source of who does the fixes around here. I found the program Flawless Widescreen on this site, but it seem as though development has slowed or stopped on that.

Anyway, like I said thanks for sending it his way. I am super excited to play this game, but I really dont want to start until I can get it running on my new 3440x1440 100hz monitor!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2016, 05:05 

mitcHELLspawn wrote:

Thank you; good to hear.

valcan_s wrote:
It seems as if hes the go to guy with this stuff eh? Is he affiliated with this website do you know? Or is he just a member that contributes? ..

HaYDeN created Flawless Widescreen: http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org

Basically the successor to Widescreen Fixer which was made by Dopefish. FWS is the tool for fixing games to run properly on ultrawide or multi-monitor setups.

These folk (Helifax too) are saviors to the widescreen community; though HaYDeN is mostly the one who does the ultrawide/MM fixes for various games nowadays. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to have much time to work on things anymore, judging by the lack of updates to FWS plugins. If I wasn't unemployed, I'd send some money his way.

*note: possibly wrong with my info; don't kill me if I am!

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2016, 10:43 

valcan_s wrote:

Thanks man. You guys are amazing. Many kudos :)

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2016, 17:43 

I am also putting a little bit of effort into this. Fresh off my fix for Tales of Zestiria's aspect ratio issues. I figured i'd throw my hat in the ring simply because I'm always pleased to see JRPGs on the PC even if they do need some work.

Right now, I'm a little miffed at Capcom for the way they implemented scaling. Rather than throw some black bars on the sides of the _main_ menu, they thought it made sense to stretch the menu farther below the bottom of the screen. It's alright at marginally widescreen resolutions, at 3-wide it's unusable.

I was considering writing a plug-in for Flawless Widescreen, but every example I have come across is Lua-based and injects x86 / x64 instructions into the game. I prefer to work using GL/D3D API interception, so I think my approach is incompatible with said software :-\ It delivered fantastic results in Tales of Zestiria though, and I'm now considering just releasing a stripped down version of tzfix that fixes aspect ratio in this game.