Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 15:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 00:49 

Fears somewhat pacified: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQU3ndAEdY

I think it looks pretty good. Probably will have to get this :p.

Question though, 'infiltration mode' is unlocked in the collectors edition of the game. But i'm wondering if ill get acces to that mode if i buy the normal game..? I don't give a crap about the figurine and a steelcase for the dvd that come in the collectors edition... I do want infiltration mode though (that seems to be one of the more interesting modes to me). So am i stuck buying the more expensive copy just for that mode?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 12:48 

[quote]Fears somewhat pacified: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQU3ndAEdY

I think it looks pretty good. Probably will have to get this :p.

Question though, 'infiltration mode' is unlocked in the collectors edition of the game. But i'm wondering if ill get acces to that mode if i buy the normal game..? I don't give a crap about the figurine and a steelcase for the dvd that come in the collectors edition... I do want infiltration mode though (that seems to be one of the more interesting modes to me). So am i stuck buying the more expensive copy just for that mode?

Well in the US we have no collector's edition on PC, but the infiltration mode is a Uplay unlock. Not sure if that is the case everywhere or not.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 15:43 

Does that mean you play and unlock it through game progression? Or do you mean like DLC and you have to pay for it?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 16:40 

Does that mean you play and unlock it through game progression? Or do you mean like DLC and you have to pay for it?

Unlock through game progression. Uplay awards achievement points sort of things for doing things in-game and you use those points to unlock bonuses. For Assassin's Creed 2 on PC it was a bonus crypt level, an Altair skin and some extra throwing knives. For Splinter Cell Conviction it seems there is a Scar rifle, the infiltration mode and a couple other things I forget.

I think the collector's edition probably just has the mode unlocked at the start while everyone else has to earn it, similar to Bad Company 2's limited edition unlocks.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010, 12:48 

hmm, ok thanks :p. No need for collectors edition then.

PostPosted: 18 May 2010, 12:26 

But the games I PAID for, that I BOUGHT. How long they will last? Until my first XBOX Hard Drive crash? Because then, probably much of the content in my HD will have been taken out of circulation and I can't get them again.

I can't make backups of my Steam folder so I can reinstall it whenever I want..

I think you have bigger problems to worry about than losing your DLC on an Xbox 360. What about when the console it self dies and they are not making it anymore? You can no longer play any games at all without scoring a ridiculously priced old used unit.

That is the beauty of PC gaming, I found my Commander Keen 4 floppy the other day, threw it in and used DOSBox to play through it. Ive had it for nearly 20 years now.

As for Steam, you can backup games just fine, many run without steam even open (unless they have integration with steam.) Steam even has a backup game thing within the client, Sadly its only for Source based games that use GCF/NCF files.

PostPosted: 18 May 2010, 13:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Heh. Commander Keen.

PostPosted: 18 May 2010, 23:29 

...When I say the word "property", I'm just talking about having a hardcopy,...

For what it's worth, Steam lets you download and backup the installation files to hardcopy. I have all my steam games sitting on discs.

PostPosted: 19 May 2010, 13:56 

[quote] ...When I say the word "property", I'm just talking about having a hardcopy,...

For what it's worth, Steam lets you download and backup the installation files to hardcopy. I have all my steam games sitting on discs.
aren't those hard copies with steam online checks built-in ?

PostPosted: 20 May 2010, 11:47 
Editors
Editors

Hard copies of games that require online activation. Still, hard copies.

Anywayz... SC5 is not quite Splinter Cell anymore, the DRM sucks, and even multi-mon support is outrageously biased. Is there really anyone still caring about this "game"? :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next