Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Sep 2024, 12:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 18:15 

There's a PC version. In fact, there's even a Collector's Edition on PC which is a bit surprising. Usually companies like EA skip the CE on PC when doing multi-platform releases.

I'll wait until after the game is released and read what people think of it, before considering a purchase. The original Dead Space on PC would have been perfect if it wasn't for the idiotic decisions regarding the controls.

TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod - Adds 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen support, game fixes, and much more

BenQ EW2420 | XFX Radeon 6870 1 GB GDDR5 | EVGA GT240 512 MB GDDR5 (Hybrid PhysX) | Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.3 GHz | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 |

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 | PCP&C Silencer 750W Quad | Coolermaster Elite 330 case | Windows 10 Technical Preview

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 04:49 

I never played Silent Hill, I just know Dead Space had limited ammo, limited storage and was slow-paced and very scary. That seems like survival horror to me.

Silent Hill was pretty much the same. An added bonus to SH was your character played like the normal guy you're supposed to be, with no weapons or combat training which made the game even more tense. People disliked SH because of this, but I think it was a great part of the whole experience. If you have a PS2/Xbox/PS3/Xbox360, you should grab a copy of Silent Hill 2, it is one of my favourite games of all time. The story is really compelling and makes you care about all of the characters involved. The Xbox version is the better because of the extra content, by the way.

...While Dead Space did have a good atmosphere, once you got used to it, a lot of the game was spent simply mowing down necromorphs. With that in mind, what I've read of Dead Space 2 hints that they're keeping a similar mixture or action and horror. If they lean too much towards action though, I must agree, it won't be worth looking at.

A lot of horror games are like this, where they have a typical setup to the tense moments and you become acclimated to it. The initial experience is still worth it and helps you continue on with the story to see what happens next. I have to admit that even the third time I played through Dead Space, I still had that weird uneasy feeling, like when reading an H.P. Lovecraft story.

As far as the game focusing more on the action, it kind of makes sense in the sense of story progression. You have to remember that Isaac has already experienced these things now, so in effect he is used to fighting them. I'm still confident that they'll be able to shake things up with some new experiences in Dead Space 2. I just hope EA won't commoditize this series like they have a lot of other series (Bioware games, for one) and keep the game great.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 14:33 

game play is way better than in the first part in my opinion.. you have way more time to try things and its not so scary too :D

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 21:38 

game play is way better than in the first part in my opinion.. you have way more time to try things and its not so scary too :D

Why is this a good thing?

For the record, the demo (on Xbox 360) almost had me crapping myself... Need to GF it to play through it (I rarely buy console games these days and there's no way I'm paying $60 for a PC game...).

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 12:17 

Dead Space I heard alot about it , but have not got it online or in the stores . There is shortage about it as told to me. Hope i can take its experience soon. :(