Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 08:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: starcraft 2
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2010, 05:21 

I am pretty excited to see the Single Player campaign. I never played the original SC but I did play the SC2 beta and it is very impressive. The graphics are whatever but I love the music the gameplay is incredible.. but you would hope so with 100m spent on development alone. I dont care about triple wide at all for this game. I might care about it a little more when D3 comes out next summer (wishful thinking) as far as a blizzard supported game is concerned. But even then its really not important.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 08:26 

The single player campaign is pretty damn good so far.

My hands were shaking and the phone camera sucks, but: :D

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 09:15 
Administrators
Administrators

You failed to answer the most important question for this forum, is the game play Hoz+ how does it handle it, people would like comparison screen shots too. Personally I'm not to bothered about this game, but then I never played the original so I really "don't know what I'm missing". Besides, I still want to get the expansions for Sins of a Solar Empire, and there are a couple of games on the Wii I don't have yet, but anyway, I digress.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 09:32 

You failed to answer the most important question for this forum, is the game play Hoz+ how does it handle it, people would like comparison screen shots too. Personally I'm not to bothered about this game, but then I never played the original so I really "don't know what I'm missing". Besides, I still want to get the expansions for Sins of a Solar Empire, and there are a couple of games on the Wii I don't have yet, but anyway, I digress.

It's the same as beta: Hor+, but not triple wide compatible. There was a comparison shot somewhere for the beta, nothing's changed.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 16:22 

I highly recommend playing the original. Great game.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 18:28 

No eyefinity resolutions visible in my options (should have 3360x1050).

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 01:59 

No luck here either, even with manually editing DocumentsStarCraft IIvariables.txt which apparently worked in the beta. I know some people got it to work, given the 6 monitor video PC Perspective did and a few other screenshots floating around, but I'm not sure how. This is on Eyefinity with Catalyst 7.7s.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 04:14 
Insiders
Insiders

They specifically banned eyefinity as they deemed it as cheating. Don't expect to get anything but the normal aspects (16:9, 16:10, 4:3)

You can try using each monitor in portrait. 3x9:16 will give you basically 16:10, 3 x 10:16 will give you basically 16:9.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 05:05 
I Donated
I Donated

They specifically banned eyefinity as they deemed it as cheating.

Wow...

Is there patch notes or a official Blizzard post of some kind that confirm this? I mean, any word at all?

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 05:50 

Is there patch notes or a official Blizzard post of some kind that confirm this? I mean, any word at all?

No word about it yet, but they definitely did block it specifically. It worked a few years ago with TH2G but now they just clamped the aspect ratio at 16:9.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next