Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 17:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Vegas
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 07:03 

Out in places.

Reviews say it plays like F3 with some tweaks and technical issues. Story and characters are unrelated to F3. I am interested in the hardcore mode.

Post subject: Re: New Vegas
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 08:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Ditto. Much like the STALKER series, except in Hardcore mode, it seems that you HAVE to sleep. It also gives you a carry limit. All that stuff makes survival-y games much more fun.

I just hope it supports multi-minotro better than Fallout 3. I reinstalled it a few weeks ago and even after going through the lengthy thread about it and it's monti-mon behaviour and the tweaks, much of theon-screen stuff like text and menus are misaligned. Arg... I gave up after a while.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 14:54 

Any word on landscape eyefinity support?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 04:17 

Apparently it requires Steam. And it comes with a DLC code.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 07:18 

Apparently it requires Steam. And it comes with a DLC code.

Ignore the codes, they just give you unbalanced items early in the game.

Game is good... Steam integration is annoying and pointless for a singleplayer game, but I've given up debating that issue with people. I wanted it to be Fallout 3 with more RPG elements and better writing and so far it seems to be exactly that.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 07:31 

The game has the same aspect ratio support as F3. I got a faux surround working in windowed only. Full screen would give me my desktop 1920x1200 with a 1920x600 viewable bar which appeared to be stretched. I assume it is just a driver thing.

I got ini changes to stick by editing "FalloutPrefs.ini" and then changing it to read only. After playing the file would no longer be read only but the changes would stick. If I try to chaneg the ini file without doing read only it keeps the previous value, even if I am trying to get back to default. I guess the values are being saved somewhere else but it didn't appear to be in the "Fallout.ini" file. Maybe an XP thing.

The text in general seems easier to read when compared with F3. Less of the scanline look. Maybe this will help with the text problem in surround.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 07:43 

Okay. If you are fullscreen just make sure your desktop res is the same and you should be okay.

Here is the Pip text. I think it looks better but the other stuff has the same problems as F3 in surround. You can pick from a few text colors.

Also if you are doing the fov thing like in F3 you may want to wait until after you do your stats as that seems to be hor + but it uses the modified fov value. In otherwords, you change the fov and zoom out for the character stuff to be "right" but this zooms out the stat machine making it "wrong" and unusable.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 10:17 

if its like f3, then i had to edit the prefs.ini and change the fov for the computers as well so you could still hack

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 16:06 

Just a note that if you get massive fps drops when more than a couple NPCs are around this is a known issue with facial animation. Turning off NPC emotions is a fix for now, using the console command "ToggleEmotions." Made the game work fine for me after several hours of it dipping down to 10fps when people were around.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 17:11 

Just a note that if you get massive fps drops when more than a couple NPCs are around this is a known issue with facial animation. Turning off NPC emotions is a fix for now, using the console command "ToggleEmotions." Made the game work fine for me after several hours of it dipping down to 10fps when people were around.

What they tried to improve the epic fail that is Oblivion engine facial animations and broke the game? :bowdown