Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Sep 2024, 12:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: TRON Evolution
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 02:21 

I installed it and it will play at 5760x1200 or higher if you have a bezel profile.

The main issue is in the beginning all text and prompts are off screen on how to play the game, sure it doesn't take much to figure it out, but it's a PITA imo.

The main screen is also zoomed in for all the menus so some you can see, others, well you have to guess or change res to see them, bleh :(

I think I may end up playing this on my laptop at 1920x1200 or picking it up for Xbox360. Oh and to add insult, it definitely plays better with an xbox controller in Windows than it does with keyboard/mouse , so it feels like a definite console port to me.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2010, 00:59 

Well I was trying to keep some tempered hope alive for this game, but I think reality is setting in:

http://www.gamersnexus.net/features/gg/418-tron-evolution-hands-on
GN: ... How long has Tron: Evolution been in development? When's the planned release date?

PS: Fifteen months so far. We're targeting December 7th for release.

GN: That's a pretty short development cycle. What was the team size?

PS: The team is thirty-some people, plus some outsourced work. You're right - it is a very short time to develop a full game.

the game is also releasing on every major platform (the PC version will be a port from either the Xbox or PS3 version)

GN: What about mod support? Will there be any expected support for PC modders? What's your distribution channel for the PC?
PS: The game will probably be pretty closed off. We're using Games for Windows Live for the achievement system, so it is unlikely there will be any modding.

Notice how the dev openly equates GFWL with no modding support? I would lol if this wasn't so damned depressing.
I opted to play the Xbox 360 version...
With opponents beginning to focus-fire me, I leapt for a ledge to recover some health. Instantly I was stopped in place. My adversaries continued destroying me while paralyzed, and when I looked to Patrick for advice, he merely shook his head and smiled: "That's not supposed to happen." I asked him if I had been hit with some sort of stun, "No, I haven't seen this bug before. Strange." We reset the game, this time hoping for a less glitchy result.

In my first five minutes I had broken the game, and immediately foresaw the impending 'no replayability' slams from reviewers worldwide - watching cinematics over, and over, and over is not fun, and makes it impossible to pick the game up for a few minutes.

:(

I actually work with Disney Interactive, and professional pride compels me to show some off a few of the positive reviews we've been getting for TRON: Evolution for balance :) CTV, for instance, compared it to Arkham Asylum and called it "the best game of the year":

http://www.krisabel.ctv.ca/post/Review-Tron-Evolution.aspx

The legendarily-strict Eurogamer reviewed TRON: Evolution too and found lots to like about it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-29-tron-evolution-review?page=1

Basically, just don't write it off without playing it - Propaganda did their best to make something hardcore gamers would appreciate. Just saying!

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2010, 02:22 
Editors
Editors

Welcome James.

Basically, just don't write it off without playing it - Propaganda did their best to make something hardcore gamers would appreciate. Just saying!

I'd be happy to play the game before determining my final opinion. If you can point me in the direction of a PC demo I'll install it immediately.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 03:17 
Editors
Editors

I actually work with Disney Interactive, and professional pride compels me to show some off a few of the positive reviews we've been getting for TRON: Evolution for balance :) CTV, for instance, compared it to Arkham Asylum and called it "the best game of the year":

The legendarily-strict Eurogamer reviewed TRON: Evolution too and found lots to like about it:

I like Batman, was a good game. I only got it because it supported Eyefinity/Surround though.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/10923

Makes the game tons more fun.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 23:32 

I see you Disney folks (or at least marketing people hired by Disney) posting the exact same message, word for word, on almost every forum, doing damage control. LOL. Yes, two positive reviews. Never mind the remaining 30+ reviews that peg the game as average to mediocre. Shhh! :lol:

I'd be happy to play the game before determining my final opinion. If you can point me in the direction of a PC demo I'll install it immediately.

There isn't one, but I get the feeling you knew that already and the question was rhetorical. :wink:

TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod - Adds 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen support, game fixes, and much more

BenQ EW2420 | XFX Radeon 6870 1 GB GDDR5 | EVGA GT240 512 MB GDDR5 (Hybrid PhysX) | Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.3 GHz | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 |

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 | PCP&C Silencer 750W Quad | Coolermaster Elite 330 case | Windows 10 Technical Preview

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 01:43 
Editors
Editors

There isn't one, but I get the feeling you knew that already and the question was rhetorical. :wink:

:hide ;)

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 05:33 

just tried playing this game. It lasted all of 20min on my system before it was promptly taken back to ebgames.

Very poor port. Spent most of the time fighting the camera, looks very pretty. Game mechanic seem very clunky and hard on k/b + mouse. Might be better with a controller, but alas try as i might i couldn't get it to recognise my xbox for windows controller :cry:

All in all, very much style over substance.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 13:34 

I certainly aint bothering to play it now. Thanks for stopping me from wasting 15 mintes of my life.

I guess that is a WIN for internet word of mouth, and a LOSS for poor game development. HOORAY! :rockout

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 19:36 
terrible game, also couldn't set the native resolution of my u2711, so taken back to 2 store!

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011, 20:56 

Im having troubles running this game on 3x1 L eyefinity. I have latest driver, Windows 7 64 bit, 8gb ram, 2 gb radeon 5870 eyefinity 6, AMD 1100T x6 OC 3.6 Ghz base 4.2 Ghz Turbo. It runs really slow getting low fps 15<30