Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 02:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2006, 00:16 

I would really like to see a demo :)

I want to know how it performs before i buy anything!

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2006, 02:16 

[quote]They should have postponed the game and worked on performance issues. Hopefully they will continue tweaking and release a patch.

They already did. It was supposed to come out in novermber and they did that and they decreased load times by like 300% amongst other things.

No. They postposed the game late last year because it simply wasn't done. It's done now but I suspect it will still have performance issues. No matter, I'm still gonna play and enjoy this game for sure.

There will be no demo of Oblivion. If you played and liked Morrowind though, you will definitely like Oblivion. Performance may come with time and patches and new hardware.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2006, 03:39 

[quote][quote]They should have postponed the game and worked on performance issues. Hopefully they will continue tweaking and release a patch.

They already did. It was supposed to come out in novermber and they did that and they decreased load times by like 300% amongst other things.

No. They postposed the game late last year because it simply wasn't done. It's done now but I suspect it will still have performance issues. No matter, I'm still gonna play and enjoy this game for sure.

There will be no demo of Oblivion. If you played and liked Morrowind though, you will definitely like Oblivion. Performance may come with time and patches and new hardware.

That's actually false. They already said that the game CONTENT has been done since november and they were just tweaking it. They've been saying that striaght up in every interview.

No demo of Oblivion ever. The dev's think that they would never be able to make a demo that showcases what the game is really about, so they just don't want to do it.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2006, 09:11 

Anyone know of a place where I can get infusion, needles etc? I guess I can put the table in front of the toilet seat so I never have to get up for the rest of my life :)

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2006, 09:29 

Woohoo just reserved my copy for Oblivion at GameStop today.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2006, 23:50 

Lets partyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

LMAO ctrlstreef, I love all those whacky smileys you post :p

I'm going to order copy of Oblivion once I know how playable it's on my system...

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2006, 23:57 
Editors
Editors

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2006, 21:23 
Editors
Editors

Definitely want to get this... damn, it comes out the day before I go away to a conference... guess how much listening I *cough*won't*cough* be doing... ;)

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2006, 15:06 

I installed morrowind last night just for a quick game before Oblivion comes out :)

I cant beleive how much its dated! Looks a bit bland compared to new games... the controlls are a bit cumbersome too, i think i might be getting the 360 version, i think it should be fine with a pad.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2006, 04:42 

I just got a call from GameStop that my copy will be available for pickup tomorrow afternoon! I'll see you guys in a few months, if you're lucky :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next