Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 12:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2006, 16:22 

I even found the part on the ship hard initially when you went round the bow! They would get me everytime - play it more though and you get a lot better and things actually become easier!

I'm with a number of you though with the Crygens - I prefer games where you are up against human nasties! Half-Life Marines etc...

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2006, 23:14 

just an info. far cry patch 1.4 is out. http://www.farcrygame.com/us/ :o

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 01:03 

Im amazed their still releasing patches, kinda odd though - i installed and updated today (via ubisoft's website) and 1.4 wasnt there :S

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 01:58 

The 1.4 patch is a strange one. It was released with fixes specifically for ATI cards (from memory) but then pulled because of some bug. But it was never re-released.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 03:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Although you'll have to start teh game over again, start it with "A.i. Balance" selected. every ime you die, the game dunbs down the AI for you and raises it if you starting whooping ass.

The 1,4 patch was never officialy released, it was a beta leak that got out. and apperently they're still working on it and have promised to release it.. eventually. The leaked beta gives HDR for ATI users *YAY* but it's full of shitty bugs.

Personally, i prefer the checkpoint save system. not for many games, but it works well with Far Cry.

It's by Far my favorite game yet adn althogh i've played it through to the Volcano level about 5 times i've only actually FINSIHED it only the last time. and that was on the second hardest difficulty.

PS - Crysis is NOT Far Cry 2, but it's being developed by the same team, Crytek, and EA (ewwww) will publish it.

Since the Far Cry franchise has been sucked uyop by Ubisoft, Far Cry 2 is being developedf and published by Ubi.

I'm looking forward to both but i'm sure Crysis will be better.
So sad to see that so few games have been made arounf the Crytek engine.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 07:07 
Editors
Editors

I just kinda screwed myself in my game tho I was almost out of ammo and in that lab, had to run from some guys and now I cant backtrack due to them being there and I have a room full of blood and masked guys in the lab that have some insanly powerfull guns that wipe me out almost instantly. With no ammo/health around I got stuck. I somhow managed to lose my other previous saves.

They are all gone now since I just formated my pc a few weeks ago, but when I was playing the game that was the situation.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2006, 13:55 

Hey guys,

This is spooky... look what got released on Oct 3rd: Far Cry 1.4 Patch OFFICIAL! :shock: And we were just talking about it.

Links here:

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/4787/Far+Cry+Retail+1.4+Patch
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/farcry/downloads/

Code:
Patch 1.4 change log

* This patch supports 32 bit only.

General changes

* Added remakes of assault maps (Project FiXit)
   * Closed several security holes
   * Joypad support has been added
   * Several console commands have been deactivated and are only available in DEVMODE

Multiplayer General changes

* Added automatic kicking of team killers for violating default limit (integrated with Punkbuster)
   * Added broadcast and spawn message capability
   * Added center red dot to the scope of the sniper rifle
   * Added command which allows the gameplay to start at a specific flag for training
   * Added first person spectator view. It is considered beta and will not be officially supported
   * Added GUI buttons for players to easily vote
   * Added GUI voting panel to initiate votes for map changes and kicking players
   * Added ingame server administrator panel for real time GUI admin capability
   * Added ingame text flood kicking (integrated with Punkbuster)
   * Added IP and server name to scoreboard
   * Added Join server by IP function
   * Added option to disable voting
   * Added option to remove enemy nametags from cross-hair
   * Added team kill punish and forgive system
   * Fixed "CD Key In Use" issue with automatic server kick
   * Fixed binocular/sniper rifle bug
   * Fixed bug in mp_airstrip which lead to a server crash
   * Fixed bug where players were missing their scoreboard (getting refreshed automatically now)
   * Fixed gameplay issues on mp_jungle
   * Fixed grenade bug
   * Fixed scoreboard so that it now properly shows ping
   * Increased amount of damage inflatable boat can take
   * Server browser list updated for easy navigation. Many filters and a favourite server section added

Multiplayer Gameplay changes

* Added MP5 and Shocker to Assault game mode
   * Added occlusive damage to vehicle explosions (player cannot die due to an explosion while behind a solid object any more)
   * Fall damage reduced
   * General weapons balancing
   * Health and armor adjusted amongst the classes to give the Grunt the most, Engineer medium and Sniper least.
   * New OICW grenade launcher interface
   * New RL fire mode
   * Server and client optimizations for smoother gameplay
   * Stamina increased 50%
   * Sticky bombs replaced with "Beta" C4
   * Wrench now has melee capability

Documentation

* Features Manual for FarCry(tm) Patch 1.4 (A detailed description about the newly added features)
   * Server Command Table (Lists all the new commands available for FarCry(tm) multiplayer with explanations)
   * Project Fixit (A detailed explanation of changes to the stock assault maps)

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2006, 14:17 
Founder
Founder

ahh... hello - didn't emanuel.en post about that 2 days ago??

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2006, 15:13 

I played until I was in a big room that I had to fill up with water to get out of. Up until then the game wasn't that hard, but DAMN if I couldn't figure out what to do once I got in that big room..

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2006, 18:30 
Editors
Editors

ahh... hello - didn't emanuel.en post about that 2 days ago??

I think that was about the 1.4 patch that was pulled.

Far Cry has had several patches released, then pulled a day later. So much for QA... ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next