Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 06:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2007, 01:40 

For sure, I am not a driver game man, but a good racing game will keep you going for along time. just have to get yourself a steering wheel.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2007, 20:14 

I second the recommendations of Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and GTA: San Andreas (also Vice City, if you never played that one).

Also:
Civilization 4 (you say you're getting sick of Civ 2 -- Civ 4 is a big step up, IMO)
Galactic Civilizations 2 (similar to Civ, but far better AI, again IMO)
Neverwinter Nights 2 (it was buggy on release, but is pretty clean now)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2007, 22:13 

can i suggest simcity 4 rush hour? if you have any interest in city planning/architecture/transpotation design it's a great game with a HUGE GIGANTIC mod community

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 00:16 

can i suggest simcity 4 rush hour? if you have any interest in city planning/architecture/transpotation design it's a great game with a HUGE GIGANTIC mod community

Does that have widescreen support? It's be EA... >_<

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 02:50 

You want entertainment?!

Go here:
http://www.widescreenbabes.com/

Oh wait... no internet.

I would have to suggest Company of Heroes. I realize you said that you hate RTS games, and I do too normally but this game is amazing. I think I have played at least one skirmish game practically everyday for a month.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 10:03 

I've a bundle of FPSs that I've played to death, and the ones I come back to on the merit of the fun of their gameplay (as opposed to the storyline or experiencing the new environment, for example) are Halo, Painkiller, and Alien v. Predator II.

I think most games have at least an upgrade or two, so avoiding that entirely may be a chore.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2007, 08:18 

If you have a good system i'd highly recommend Dark Messiah, which i thought was horribly underrated. I come from a Thief series background and play many of the same games. I played the game through 3 times in a row( thats a first for me), first as a fighter, then mage, then thief. The combat in itself is complex and found that that was part of the fun but because timing is such a huge part of the combat you'll really need to run at high framerates. Graphics are very detailed and i would find myself slowly panning around in many scenes to soak in the atmosphere the dev's were trying to create.

I ran 7950 GX2 @ 1920x1200, 3800+, 1 gig, all high settings except no AA and high textures(as opposed to very high).

(btw, turn on mouse smoothing)

Prey got some good reviews as well(that reminds me: i just ordered it)

Chronicles of Riddick was epic imo, if you never play this that would be a shame i think...

Call of Cthulu -surprisingly good fps/story/thriller

Advent Rising -fps/story i've heard nothing but good

Darkstar one looks interesting
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646686

Myst-like titles using just a notepad and my brain were pretty fun at times for me...

Tombraider legend

maybe a book on Yoga or meditation :D

...ya that that was little longer than planned...

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 02:28 

Chronicles of Riddick was epic imo, if you never play this that would be a shame i think...

Very, very good game. Surprised me, and alot of other people, with the quality it has, and it doesnt hurt to have great graphics and near perfect WS support!

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 23:11 

maybe a stupid thought but if you're allowed/able to browse forums why not download (critical) patches at work and put them on an USB stick so you can install them when you're home?

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2007, 08:48 

Maybe you should get the internet back.