Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2007, 14:31 

When EA actually works on a game for a long time, they usually turn out pretty good.

They tend to work on "milestone" games for each series every few years, while putting out games that arent quite as good in between...

Like, NFS: Underground was good, Underground 2 was rubbish (well I thought so :)), NFS: MW was brilliant, then Carbon came out as wasn't nearly as good (though it had some good ideas).

C&C 3 is great though, they really have done a good job on it! :).

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2007, 05:24 

The timer has been removed and the demo has been delayed for up to a week. Hopefully not a week, I really want to have a go at this game.

Ah well.....

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2007, 09:23 

PC release?
and those controls looks like they'd be a BITCH to play on a keyboard.
*kisses his 360 controller*

That's why computers have Mice.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2007, 11:59 
Editors
Editors

Like, NFS: Underground was good, Underground 2 was rubbish (well I thought so :)), NFS: MW was brilliant, then Carbon came out as wasn't nearly as good (though it had some good ideas).

:lol: :)

Honestly, I thought the last good NFS game before NFS:MW was NFS4. Then 3, then 2SE. 5, UG, UG2, Carbon... meh. ;)

I was very pleasantly surprised with how well EA did with C&C3, too. I hated Tib Sun, so this was great to have the series get back to how it should have been. :D

Skate looks awesome, though. I refuse to buy a 360; so here's hoping the UK prices of the PS3 will drop soon! :lol:

...Why the hell is the poll on EA's 'Skate' page which is your favourite Hogwarts House? *mutters incoherently about Potter and most interesting ways to die...*

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2007, 12:46 

[quote]Like, NFS: Underground was good, Underground 2 was rubbish (well I thought so :)), NFS: MW was brilliant, then Carbon came out as wasn't nearly as good (though it had some good ideas).

:lol: :)

Honestly, I thought the last good NFS game before NFS:MW was NFS4. Then 3, then 2SE. 5, UG, UG2, Carbon... meh. ;)

Yeah my favorite NFS was, and still is High Stakes (or Road Challenge was it was called in the UK - I had the american version though :)). NFS3 was rubbish as it didnt have a proper championship mode, good tracks though, and they used most of them again in NFS4.

NFS2 ran sooo slow on my PC, my 2:SE was better because of the 3DFX support :)- i loved that inca track with the volcano!

The new one looks a bit different again, seems to be more track based.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2007, 13:03 
Editors
Editors

Ah, my favourite bit about NFS3 was the tracks, yes... and the fact that there was a fan-mod for it that added K.I.T.T... 8) the KITT for NFS4 wasn't as accurately done, which was odd.

I loved NFS2:SE, because with a 3dfx card, you could have a coruscating rainbow paint effect on the cars! That rocked. :D

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2007, 15:47 

...Why the hell is the poll on EA's 'Skate' page which is your favourite Hogwarts House? *mutters incoherently about Potter and most interesting ways to die...*

Looks like you stubled onto the UK site, thats completely different from the US one. The US site is the actual site for the game, with lots more stuff on it.

As for the Poll... I really don't know why thats there, its not on the US site though. Stupid Harry Potter....

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2007, 20:23 
Editors
Editors

Eh, I just followed the link in your first post... :?

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2007, 20:33 
Editors
Editors

I can't believe how bad Carbon was. The handling of the cars was just so much worse compared to MW. :?
It's just unbelievable how a game can get screwed up. :?

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2007, 03:59 

Eh, I just followed the link in your first post... :?

Yeah.... click that then click on the US site link. :lol:

You'll get http://www.ea.com/skate/home.jsp

I only just found out about this after you said about the poll. I was thinking, what Harry Potter poll? Because its not on the US site.

Either way, edited the top post...