Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 07:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 09:54 
Editors
Editors

Ok ... guys ...
I have managed to change the FOV in the Medal Of Honor: Airborne demo because ... logical did it and I then new there was a way ...
I did it differently from him ... but the point is it is possible ... :D

Thanks logical ... look here ...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8037#comment-159877

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 11:58 

I'm not surprised about Gears of War. I did think at times during gameplay that i couldn't quite see enough of what was going on - but i assumed it was just the way the game was designed, to feel more real. I didnt think for a second it would be vert-.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2007, 14:58 

FYI, another Gears of War example of -Hoz "widescreen". (not my image)

At first its easy to blame Irrational for the whole Bioshock widescreen saga but these type of screenhot seem to be pointing the blame at Unreal Engine 3.0 more and more? :?

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2007, 16:45 
Editors
Editors

... At first its easy to blame Irrational for the whole Bioshock widescreen saga [...
2K say they designed it that way ... :roll: ... seems to me to be a pretty good argument to blame them ... :wink:

but these type of screenhot seem to be pointing the blame at Unreal Engine 3.0 more and more?
Exactly ... and the point of this thread ...

It is possible to make the engine horz+ ... providing the developers don't lock the FOV as they did in Bioshock ... to me it is clearly the developers fault.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2007, 16:49 

FYI, another Gears of War example of -Hoz "widescreen". (not my image)

At first its easy to blame Irrational for the whole Bioshock widescreen saga but these type of screenhot seem to be pointing the blame at Unreal Engine 3.0 more and more? :?

(img removed for faster loading)

Since it has been proven, that even someone (member of this forum) that has no direct knowledge of the programming in the game (Bioshock) is able to make the game Hor+, then what I said earlier seems to me that still is the case.
They (developers) get the engine, which has some presets, including the one about widescreen support, that is as it is. The developers don't care, don't wan't to, are incapable due to limited skills, to change it. Thus, they leave it like this. Cause, if they had the skills, then since they have the knowledge of the game, they could do it in, perhaps a day? less?
So, what it looks to me, is either some deep hatred for widescreen users, or the old time classic of total incompetence.

In a way reminds me of how factories in china or whatever produce high technology pieces. They get the instructions from the Intels of the world but have absolutely no clue what they are doing beyond some steps that need to be done to have a product out of the line.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2007, 00:41 

It is possible to make the engine horz+ ... providing the developers don't lock the FOV as they did in Bioshock ... to me it is clearly the developers fault.

Thats true. Since hacks exist, it definately means that the Engine can do proper widescreen.

I just find it wierd that even Epic (who wrote the Unreal engine) didnt bother doing proper widescreen themselves. :?

If bedroom hackers can archive this, why cant devs?... lazy, incompetent, misinformed? :(

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2007, 07:31 
Editors
Editors

All three ! ... :lol:

The Unreal III engine has ini files where the user can easily change various setting in their game.

2K removed the ability for the users to change the FOV.
EA left in some of the ability to change the FOV in MoHA demo ... but not all.

Lets hope that Epic leave it all in.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2007, 07:46 

All three ! ... :lol:

The Unreal III engine has ini files where the user can easily change various setting in their game.

2K removed the ability for the users to change the FOV.
EA left in some of the ability to change the FOV in MoHA demo ... but not all.

Lets hope that Epic leave it all in.

I guess we should start a betting pool to see if GOW PC will have -Hor :P

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2007, 08:14 

It would be nice if either developers or publishers knew of this site. I don't doubt some of them have no idea we exist.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2007, 10:23 

It would be nice if either developers or publishers knew of this site. I don't doubt some of them have no idea we exist.

But being ignorant of us means those devs can plead... Well, ignorant...

Unlike Bioshock devs, who must plead "Irrational" (Games)...

Ignorance can be cured... It's those other human conditions that tend to be forever...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next