Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: The Game Trivia Thread
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 12:33 

[quote]4. Name of the most famous fan-made texture patch ever. (Nudie)

Dunno the name, but are you referring to the fan-patch that screwed Bethesda over and the ESRB came over, kicked them in the nuts and relabeled their "T" Oblivion to "M"?

Truths^

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 17:44 

Sucking the life out of threads keeps me eternally youthful. I keep a decanter on my desktop, filled with the life of other people's threads.

Shigeru Miyamoto designed Link.

I keep one with blistering retorts that I tend to not use for the sake of humanity. Correct.

Dunno the name, but are you referring to the fan-patch that screwed Bethesda over and the ESRB came over, kicked them in the nuts and relabeled their "T" Oblivion to "M"?

Actually they got the M rating because they were the ones that created the file. The topless texture was discovered in the game files by a modder.

The only famous nudie patch I'm aware of that is actually a texture pack is Nude Raider. Though AFAIK, it's more the concept that's famous than any specific pack - I don't know of any specific pack that's more famous than the 20 zillion others that do the exact same thing.

Then you missed the boat. Every major TV news outlet covered it (To be fair there were a lot less back then). Why? They all assumed it was a developer code stashed with the game and most people had not heard of texture replacement packs or the concept.. Eidos had to announce that they did not create the patch and subsequently went apeshit on the community.

Think Jack Warner and the Sims except someone cared.

Correct.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 17:55 

I know what happened, I read wikipedia, come now. :)

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 17:58 

8. Bleem! is generally believed (suck it Wikipedia) to be an acronym for this.

9. The maximum skill level synergy bonus a character can have in D2 is?

10. This late, Maxim-esque gaming magazine's final "truth" was that "two editors are gay and Gia is a man."

11. Name the two ill-fated Sega console attachements.

12. "Genesis does ***** *****!"

13. "Howard and *****"

14. Who is this person and what are they famous for?

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 18:00 

I know what happened, I read wikipedia, come now.

I know what happened too. I was there eagerly awaiting the inevitable nude textures like the deviant I am.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 18:06 
Insiders
Insiders

8: Best Little Emulator Ever Made.
11: Sega CD and 32X.
12: What Nintendon't.
13: Nester.
14: Alexey Pajitnov? He seems a bit balder and portlier than I remember any picture being. He's a famous communist instigator who put Tetяis in our fluoride. That's why I only drink rain water and grain alcohol.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 18:56 

8: Best Little Emulator Ever Made.
11: Sega CD and 32X.
12: What Nintendon't.
13: Nester.

Correct.

14: Alexey Pajitnov? He seems a bit balder and portlier than I remember any picture being. He's a famous communist instigator who put Tetяis in our fluoride. That's why I only drink rain water and grain alcohol.

Incorrect. You don't shake your fist at planes when they fly overhead do you?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009, 06:27 

I do believe that would be Al Lowe, creator of most of the Leisure Suit Larry games and one of the funniest ever: Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009, 17:42 

I do believe that would be Al Lowe, creator of most of the Leisure Suit Larry games and one of the funniest ever: Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist.

Correct.

9. The maximum skill level synergy bonus a character can have from a single skill in D2 is?

10. This late, Maxim-esque gaming magazine's final "truth" was that "two editors are gay and Gia is a man." Every cover of this magazine was a picture of a scantily clad female gaming character.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009, 18:31 

10. This late, Maxim-esque gaming magazine's final "truth" was that "two editors are gay and Gia is a man." Every cover of this magazine was a picture of a scantily clad female gaming character.

I'm gonna guess EGM / Electronic Gaming Monthly?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next