Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 14:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2009, 04:25 

[quote]...and Anniversary is much longer than Legend or Underworld :)
Yes, and not boringly long. It also makes good use of the maps to give you that length in a much smaller file size than Legend or Underworld. It's optimized noticeably better too.

You may also want to try Indian Jones and the Emperor's Tomb as well for another inexpensive game option, if you can find it. It released in 2003, as did TR: Angel of Darkness.

Emperor's Tomb is a much better game than AoD. I really wish Lucas Arts would put out another Indiana Jones game, though lately it seems they don't care about the PC platform.Hilarously, its also way smaller installed than the others (underworld or unniversity)

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2009, 05:07 

I really wish Lucas Arts would put out another Indiana Jones game, though lately it seems they don't care about the PC platform.

They are releasing a new game, but as you hint, not for PC. It's especially sad too because there is a PS2 version of it coming and it would be insanely simple to port that to the PC.

Lucasarts really doesn't care about PC anymore at all. Even when it would mean pretty good sales for little development effort they seem to turn their backs on us. I'm honestly surprised the new Star Wars MMO isn't on Xbox, but I guess they view the PC as a home for only MMOs.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2009, 09:36 

Yeah George and Cliffy B ought to get a room, whips and chainsaws. They could act out their spite for us evil PC gamers in randy ways. :roll:

I've got better things to do than bemoan a title or two not coming to PC though. This year there's going to be tons of games coming out on PC. If George and Cliffy don't want to come to the party I won't miss them all that much really.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2009, 09:43 

Force Unleashed was not a great game anyway... if they released it on PC the amount of spite towards it as a game would have probably been monumental, given how people complain about dumbed down games.

If they ever make a real, worthy sequel to the Jedi Knight games and make it console only, THEN I will get a burning torch and storm Lucasarts.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2009, 10:10 

Force Unleashed was not a great game anyway...
Yes, but sadly Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings has great potential for next gen consoles and of course PC, but it will only be out on Wii, PS2, PSP, etc. They claim since starting it some 3 yrs ago that the PS3 and 360 SKUs would not have been ready in time for the release, yet it was first dubbed an '07 release and now an '09 release anyway.

I get the feeling there's something they're not telling us. You know, the old "I got a bad feeling about this", only it's a line for next gen gamers now. Staff of Kings is going to have Euphoria and molecular physics like SW: TFU too, in fact they first planned it to be used in IJatSoK. The environment is more interactive too, like pulling shelves over onto foes with the whip.

I actually wouldn't mind owning a Wii if it weren't for the crap low res graphics and scant few titles of the type I like. I have to admit though, lately it's getting a lot of love, including a Dead Space prequel that seems to be devoted exclusively to it. Kinda makes buying expensive PC gaming hardware a scratch your head decision anymore.