Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 13:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: TF2 update
PostPosted: 24 May 2009, 17:52 

demo man doesn't NEED more power. its got enough!

Sounds like Valve is starting to destroy this game.

Jars of piss...seriously...is this a shooter or a cartoon?

back to CSS for me.

Yeah... it was bad enough when the upgrades started going downhill...but now it's starting to seem just plain unbalanced.

How is Valve fixing the game? - Making items tradeable.

I honestly want them to create an update where you can play with all the game fixes but none of the idiotic "weapon upgrades."

PostPosted: 25 May 2009, 15:46 

[quote]demo man doesn't NEED more power. its got enough!

Sounds like Valve is starting to destroy this game.

Jars of piss...seriously...is this a shooter or a cartoon?

back to CSS for me.

Yeah... it was bad enough when the upgrades started going downhill...but now it's starting to seem just plain unbalanced.

How is Valve fixing the game? - Making items tradeable.

I honestly want them to create an update where you can play with all the game fixes but none of the idiotic "weapon upgrades."tradeable items? is this WOW or Team Fortress?

I logged in to play. the new maps is decent. the upgrades appear to be retarded. they had a solid product that they've been ruining.

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 02:38 

So I have to ask after all of this, Am I the only one here that actually likes the direction that they are taking the game?

The only thing that I really really do not like is the snipers cardboard unlockable that ONLY counters the spy, thats so stupid.

Its like getting a weapon that only hurts one or two classes and does no damage to the rest.

At least give it like 20% less damage taken from behind or something so that its semi useful to non spys.

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 11:43 

So I have to ask after all of this, Am I the only one here that actually likes the direction that they are taking the game?

I like the idea of diablo style items with different effects and all that , i HATE the 'random' unlock feature.
It shoud be tied to something , eg. 100 or 200 points gets you a weapon.
or they should do a shop system where points and achievements translate to money and you can buy whatever weapon you want etc.

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 11:53 

[quote]So I have to ask after all of this, Am I the only one here that actually likes the direction that they are taking the game?

I like the idea of diablo style items with different effects and all that , i HATE the 'random' unlock feature.
It shoud be tied to something , eg. 100 or 200 points gets you a weapon.
or they should do a shop system where points and achievements translate to money and you can buy whatever weapon you want etc.

Yeah a different system would be better, the idle thing is hella stupid right now, half of my friends are afk in idle servers.

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 15:19 
Editors
Editors

I hate almost everything they've done in this update, yet I'd be lying if I said I haven't had shit loads of fun since it's come out. Any update just helps breath new life into it.

And surprisingly, the jar of piss has come in handy.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 17:13 

Jarate is the most useful item along with the cloak n dagger (if it suits your play style)

The bow is tons of fun too.

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 17:31 

No, you're not. I've actually found the new update pretty exciting and the game is still hella fun to play. The new weapon unlock system needs to be at least slightly less random, and I think Valve has realized that (hopefully). Haven't found Jarate yet, but it sounds quite useful. Maybe if everyone stopped thinking of it as a jar of piss and started using it simply as a tool...

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 23:26 
Insiders
Insiders

The problem is that it *is* a jar of piss. As opposed to something more in character but with the same functionality, like, say, flashbangs (which amplify damage, interfere with spytech toys, and douse flames).

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 23:53 

If a jar of piss is in a vat of piss is it still a jar of piss or a jar in a vat of piss?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next