Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 11:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 21:58 

I highly suggest giving the L4D1 maps in L4D2 a whirl using the versions here: http://nekoarcnetwork.com/l4donl4d2/index.html. There are straight ports and modified versions which add certain things, No Mercy gets rain storms and Blood Harvest is in the bright daytime for instance.

I played No Mercy and Blood Harvest modified versions today and they play great, I also tried Crash Course as a straight port and despite not being near finished it was a good time. The Spitter especially adds a lot of new challenges to the original game's maps and the gore, weapons and Source enhancements really make the old maps come alive again. There are some quirks, these are betas, and Dead Air is not available modified yet, but I still say check it out. I was wondering if I prefered the original Left 4 Dead or L4D2 but the original maps with the new infected and weapons seems to be perfect for me, I really love it.

Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2010, 03:35 

I really want it. Maybe Steam sale 2010 will have it for $7.95 as well!