Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 14:43 

You're welcome, Gecko.

I had some problems with the New Vision mod; in fact, many mods I tried just made the game crash. Not sure why. :(

I just patched the files over and fired it up. Looks much better! I played a bit and no problems thus far...we'll see how it goes. I made backups of all the default files anyway.

One nice thing about older games - so much easier to mod/tweak - the file system is so simple.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 16:42 
Editors
Editors

Depends on the game, really. All the Unreal Engine games are fairly easy to mod. Same with the Quake games, as long as you've got a ZIP program. ;) Some old games were really hard to mod. :(

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 14:46 

Depends on the game, really. All the Unreal Engine games are fairly easy to mod. Same with the Quake games, as long as you've got a ZIP program. ;) Some old games were really hard to mod. :(

Ok, just met Anna and Gunther. I vant orange. :mrgreen:

EDIT: In the City now, feels a bit like Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines.

I'm loving this game...reminds me what has been missing from so many new titles...

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 12:26 
Editors
Editors

I'm loving this game...reminds me what has been missing from so many new titles...

Excellent! :D

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 19:29 

[quote]I'm loving this game...reminds me what has been missing from so many new titles...

Excellent! :D

Just finished it, great game. Thanks again for the recommendation. Any more I maybe missed? :D

DaFox, Abram - It's worth playing, IMO. Get the New Vision mod and use it, updates the graphics. I just played the whole game through, zero technical glitches at any point for any reason...quite refreshing. :rockout

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 21:10 

Regarding Deus Ex 3, FYI:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/deus-ex-3-unofficial-title/1068333p1.html

The last bit of information we can share about Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes from the aforementioned Eidos forum: "At the time of writing, Windows is the only platform confirmed."

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 20:55 

For me:

ME2 (got it)
Damn of war 2 Chaos rising
Command and Conquer 4
DAO Awakening
Starcraft 2

That's about it. Well, then I will have FF XIII and GT5 for PS3.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2010, 16:59 
Founder
Founder

I used this list and the release list in the latest PC Gamer to start updating on the Lobbying Central wiki page.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/Lobbying_Central

After a large thread derailment, are there any 2010 or 2011 games I'm missing. Earlier we can hit up the devs in the development cycle, better chances we have.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 00:52 

It's weird for me, sometimes - I can play sprite based games that are 15 years old without thinking, "OMG, these graphics are poor..." but then I play something like F22 Lightning 3 and have to stop because they look so bad.
I had to say I feel the same way and I think it all goes down to what kind of sensations does the game give us
if there's enough beside sheer beauty, then the game may be enjoyed again (whether the sensations include nostalgia or not ... )
another parameter is : if a recent game give you the same sensations or better, then the older game might lose its appeal
ex: after several years of liking Diablo 2 & coming back to it once in a while for a couple hours, Titan Quest + Sacred 2 definitely drew me away from its old gfx...

however I still play once in a while games such as Master of Magic... even though Civ4 is superior in almost all domains, I liked the tactical combat & magic aspect & the sheer number of available strategies/options (notably in building your "avatar")

@no one in particular
all this talk about Deus Ex made me want to try it, honestly I didn't play it because the reviews didn't get me hooked up but rather wondering what the hell this game was...
Anyway, I feel like for such an old game 10$ is a bit overpriced (just got the orange box for about twice the price ...)
(yeah I now, I'm a cheap bastard but hey, my game budget is a bit short those days :( ...)

@Ibrin
hu ? *scratches his head* this thread is aimed at gathering a list for lobbying purpose ? I thought not since it's placed in general gaming discussion

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 00:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Anyway, I feel like for such an old game 10$ is a bit overpriced (just got the orange box for about twice the price ...)
(yeah I now, I'm a cheap bastard but hey, my game budget is a bit short those days :( ...)

Being a cheap bastard is excusable.
Implying that a game's value declines with age, however, is just shallow. In terms of gameplay mechanics, implementation, plot, depth, and all that good stuff, Deus Ex is lightyears ahead of anything released recently. There is no good reason that Modern Warfare 2 should cost six times what Deus Ex does, except for that this is what gamers are willing to pay. And due to how demand and pricing works, this belief is a self-fulfilling prophecy. And these same gamers who wouldn't buy Deus Ex if it cost more than $10 are perfectly happy to pay that much for a few bonus multiplayer maps in whatever the latest shooter happens to be.
Also, they *did* make a demo for Deus Ex. It never cost a cent, and should adequately demonstrate what the game's about. It should still work too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next