Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 09:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2009, 21:10 
Editors
Editors

About half way in now and starting to get bored, also finding that many of your moves are clones that do the same thing and that is very dissapointing to me.

My Opinion - http://viciouscomputers.com/?p=26

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2009, 23:35 

Yeah I've read a few responses indicating the gameplay gets too repetitive and feels quite linear. I think they assumed a more dynamic rooftop scaling/running than AC has would be appealing in itself.

Still wish they'd patch it so I can feel justified having the game though. It's pretty much a coaster for many people in the condition it was released.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 00:31 
Editors
Editors

Well to this games credit its leaps and bounds better than AC was IMO, runs better on lower hardware I think too.

I think they should have tuned the game in how it scales a bit differently, gave more variety of tough enemies to fight instead of just increasing the swarm size.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 05:58 

Yeah, I agree it's a bit better optimized than AC, but that still doesn't excuse the buggy condition it was released in. They may patch it soon, but there's no hint of it yet.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 10:00 
Insiders
Insiders

I feel lucky. I haven't had any issues with it. 5.1 is a littel quiet all-around, but that's an easy fix.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 21:41 

Well to this games credit its leaps and bounds better than AC was IMO, runs better on lower hardware I think too.

I think they should have tuned the game in how it scales a bit differently, gave more variety of tough enemies to fight instead of just increasing the swarm size.

Actually, I just downloaded AC and it runs a lot better (and at native res too!) than Prototype does. Looks nicer too. Scaling it up to Manhattan shouldn't be too bad, but what do I know.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 23:19 

@ Abram,
I've heard most say the too quiet problem actually is annoying, as it's too loud in parts if you turn up the volume.

@ Infernus
Sounds like an anomaly to me, most have said the game is optimized better than AC, esp when you consider how many AI at a time are on screen and there's no adjusting it like in AC. It may also be that you've only compared the first part of AC so far. The AI (and resulting lag) get more intense as the game progresses.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2009, 08:28 

You can barely say that this game has A.I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC7daoUCseM

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2009, 00:52 

LOL, jumpy soldier boy, must have ants in his pants. :lol:

That's not so much the quality of the AI in general as how they chose to structure the game's stealth features regarding the player though. It's a bit silly like Assassin's Creed. The AI will be right on your tail, and you so much as dive in a rooftop gazebo and suddenly you're invisible. Actually AC is a lot better at realistic stealth though than this game. All you need do in many cases is change your likeness to that of someone you've consumed and all is good.

I'm sure you knew what I meant, but to clarify, by AI in my response to Infernus I meant the sheer number of them on the street taking up resources, esp when they all react to your presence in certain ways. Makes my single core chug a lug at points. I have to play this game like I do AC, with as much stealth as possible. That means no showing off my jumping skills in front of the troops. Though sometimes I feel like jumping on top of them to pound them into the sidewalk. :twisted:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 04:31 

For some weird reason everything has been flawless for me except i have to have either my headphones or my speakers on FULL Volume. And even then it's quite quiet in the cutscenes.

Also i had one crash on the "lost body" mission that i got past by skipping the cutscene of the doc after driving a tank somewhere as soon as the cutscene began. Otherwise, flawless.