Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 Aug 2024, 14:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 02:52 

I'm having an issue getting the menu/hud to display properly when using eyefinity. I have 3 dell 1908fp 19" standard monitors running at 3840x1024. However, the menu/hud is pushed almost completly to the outer screens. This is obvious when first starting the game as the main screen is spread about 1/4 onto the outer two screens. It's as if they don't have it quite right for the standard monitors. Any ideas?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 02:58 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm having an issue getting the menu/hud to display properly when using eyefinity. I have 3 dell 1908fp 19" standard monitors running at 3840x1024. However, the menu/hud is pushed almost completly to the outer screens. This is obvious when first starting the game as the main screen is spread about 1/4 onto the outer two screens. It's as if they don't have it quite right for the standard monitors. Any ideas?

It's probably due to the game catering to 16:9. it's not noticeable on 3x16:9 or 3x16:10 systems because the middle monitor is wide enough. But on you setup it's gonna bleed into your other monitors. This happens on other games as well.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 19:44 

So I'll probably have to wait for a solution from the community rather than the game devs.

*Update*

When the game detected my monitors, it also gave me the option of selecting 3072x768. I wasn't too thrilled with selecting that as I was hoping to go with 3840x1024, but I gave it a shot today. For some reason the menu and hud seem to work just fine at this resolution. Sure it's not the greatest, but the fov and gameplay experience are well worth it.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 08:15 

So I'll probably have to wait for a solution from the community rather than the game devs.

*Update*

When the game detected my monitors, it also gave me the option of selecting 3072x768. I wasn't too thrilled with selecting that as I was hoping to go with 3840x1024, but I gave it a shot today. For some reason the menu and hud seem to work just fine at this resolution. Sure it's not the greatest, but the fov and gameplay experience are well worth it.

Glad you got your HUD stuff sort of worked out.

I've really been enjoying the game so far with the little amount of time I've had to play. Especially with eyefinity! I think that it's saved my butt on a number of occasions. I've been playing the medic role about 90% of the time and actually have a blast running around healing and reviving my team. Then trying to stay alive so my squad can spawn on me in key areas.

It's sad, but my K/D ratio is at a pathetic at 2 deaths to 1 kill and best weapon is my knife? I have 60+ kills with it. :P

People are complaining about the weapons being weak, but I don't think they realize how much recoil there is and that they are actually missing. I got into an awesome position on a group of 5 enemies and was crouched/aimed and single tapping them and killed them all with less than one mag of ammo as a medic. If you just hold the button down I don't think you will hit much even in close quarters.

My killing sucks overall, but my supporting has been effective and it's been a lot of fun for me. I like that this game seems to be rewarding you for being a team player.

My screen name is Vaitek on steam and on EA. I can't get the friends stuff to work properly and it may be a bug. Add me if you can, be cool to play with other people.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 14:14 
Editors
Editors

No changelog anywhere? :(

Dood, it's a forced update anyway - doesn't matter what changes there are... talk about Hobson's Choice - "you need to update before you can play!"

"...Do you want to update?"

FFS...

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 15:18 
Insiders
Insiders

The question exists in case you don't want to update at that moment.

If you're downloading something else, or you're watching a stream, or whatever other reason, you just might not want to update at that particular moment. In that case you just click "No" and update later. :)

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 15:19 

Dood, it's a forced update anyway - doesn't matter what changes there are...

I Found the changelog
I think it matters very much what the changes are, whether I should keep complaining about problems that I have or not etc. Its nice to know about the changes in any software that you use IMO.

The RC2 contains the following fixes:

Front End:

# Fixes server browser crashes. Server browser more resilient against corrupt online service data, and better support for large number of servers.
# Several server browser ping issues resolved.

Windows XP Stability:

# Fixed crash on windows XP at end of round, exit game and display mode changes and.
# Proper window style / mouse confinement when starting game maximized on XP .

Options Dialog:

# Mouse sensitivity setting gives more effect.
# Mouse sensitivity loaded on game startup.

The update to RC2 is 8.4Mb

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 21:33 

I Found the changelog
I think it matters very much what the changes are, whether I should keep complaining about problems that I have or not etc. Its nice to know about the changes in any software that you use IMO.

The RC2 contains the following fixes:

Front End:

# Fixes server browser crashes. Server browser more resilient against corrupt online service data, and better support for large number of servers.
# Several server browser ping issues resolved.

Windows XP Stability:

# Fixed crash on windows XP at end of round, exit game and display mode changes and.
# Proper window style / mouse confinement when starting game maximized on XP .

Options Dialog:

# Mouse sensitivity setting gives more effect.
# Mouse sensitivity loaded on game startup.

The update to RC2 is 8.4Mb

Yea, I like to know what's been changed so I know if the changes affect me and I can test them.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 18:02 
Editors
Editors

On forced updates you don't have a choice; it's nice to know what the changes are - but ultimately with a forced update it doesn't matter one way or t'other.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 19:19 

On forced updates you don't have a choice; it's nice to know what the changes are - but ultimately with a forced update it doesn't matter one way or t'other.

I don't think ive ever looked at a changelog for an optional update and gone wait a minute I don't want this! Hell, I usually look at the changelog AFTER I update. (If this is what you are getting at of course.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next