Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 13:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 03:33 

GOW2 most def. I'd like to play halo 3 just to connect to Xbox servers and school so-called gamers!

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 05:08 
Insiders
Insiders

The Metal Gear games. Yes, i already have PC versions of 1 and 2, but i still want 3, 4, and 5.
Some fighting games.
Armoured Core 2 (sorry, Armored Core)
Ah yes, and Condemned 2 as well. I really enjoyed the first one and was pretty cheesed to see #2 wasn't coming to PC. Pricks.
A real, proper release of Saints Row 2.
Final Fantasy 10 and 12 would be nice, even though I have them running (and looking) fairly well through an emulator.
Some Gran Turismo games would be nice, too.

But I'd settle for just the Metal Gear games. I was so glad to see a PC version of the first ps2 MGS. Now i can hear that amusingly satisfying POP from breaking the chicks' neck. Hilarious.

But even more, I' like to see the consoles go away we PC users didn't get those shitty ports.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 06:40 

Great topic!

GOW 2.....the first one had me really close to getting an Xbox...thankfully it came out on PC.

Halo ODST...or whatever it is......played it on my nephews Xbox...could really clean up with a keyboard and mouse!!

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 15:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Halo 3 (DLC and expansions), Gearbox, get on it. I'm tired of jaggies from hell on xbox.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 18:27 

Halo 3 (DLC and expansions), Gearbox, get on it. I'm tired of jaggies from hell on xbox.

Yeah I would love the rest of the Halo series as well. So Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo ODST and Halo Reach when it comes out.

Your post reminds me of this guy that I seen on shack news yesterday though, I found it funny as hell.. Here is the direct quote: "bottom line. I've been using the same machine since release and haven't had to go buy a new rig for every other game. It's easy. For them, and for us.

I love pc gaming, but it's a bitch to keep up with, and there isn't some immutable law that says games are only fun when played at peak performance. And I'm a huge video/audiophile to boot."

Then some where else he said "Silly PC Gamers"

Anyway I replied to his original post with "If you prefer 720p with no antialiasing over 2560x1600 with 4x antialiasing then you are not a videophile. Sorry."

I have also noticed the framerate is absolute crap on a ton of console games now that we are getting late in the console cycle which simply makes me laugh because sure crysis ran like crap on my PC when it came out. But atleast one day I'll be able to play it with a solid 60FPS, with 1080p or above with 4x AA.

Sorry to the console owners of EA's PS3 OrangeBox port, but its never going to run any faster. :(

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 19:12 

Demon's Souls by Atlus. I'm about to buy a PS3 and one of the main reasons is to play that game.

Katamari, Uncharted, Dante's Inferno, Buzz!, Singstar, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo, Disgaea

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 19:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Demon's Souls by Atlus. I'm about to buy a PS3 and one of the main reasons is to play that game.
Do it, you will not be dissappointed.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 20:08 

I have also noticed the framerate is absolute crap on a ton of console games now that we are getting late in the console cycle which simply makes me laugh because sure crysis ran like crap on my PC when it came out. But atleast one day I'll be able to play it with a solid 60FPS, with 1080p or above with 4x AA.

Toward the end of a console's life cycle the framerates drop as developers try to get more impressive graphics out of the machines and sacrfice performance to do so in some cases. Low FPS along with tons of jaggies are the main graphics/performance reasons I hate consoles.

Take Borderlands for example, it has a sub-30 framerate on consoles and gets some massive slowdown whenever you see explosions or even blood spatters... the PC version runs at silky smooth 50+ fps at all times on my medium-grade rig.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 21:35 

Demon's Souls
Uncharted 1/2
Madden (actually a new 2k football, but eh)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 :cry:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 22:27 

Oh yeah, would definitely like to try Halo Wars on PC.
Also, dunno what the big whoop is about Demon's Souls. From what I hear from a mate in class and Yahtzee's review, it sounds like an absolutely horrid experience.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next