Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 17:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Oblivion SUcks
PostPosted: 09 May 2007, 22:18 

I'm not waiting for Oblivion 2, give me Elder Scrolls 5! ;)

PostPosted: 10 May 2007, 16:14 

I wish they'd just fix the bugs in this game. I crash about 1 or 2 times a game session.

PostPosted: 10 May 2007, 16:44 
Editors
Editors

How long do those sessions for you take cause I believe there are people who played this games for 24 hours plus at once. :lol:

PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 01:45 

it ranges, from 6 hours (once) to less than 3 minutes

PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 02:09 

Well at least you can go abut 6 hours with no crashes...

If it crashed every 30 minutes then they would need a fix :D

PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 10:36 
Editors
Editors

I've had two crashes from Oblivion... once running it on an older computer that didn't really have enough RAM to cope, and once during an area transition for no apparent reason. I wasn't impressed by the transition crash - it messed up the autosave, and the last save I'd made was about two hours and five quests beforehand... :x

I keep meaning to get Shivering Isles, or whatever the expansion is called. And I keep forgetting. :lol:

PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 13:53 

This thread is nearly as good as the ones I make!

This thread is A.OK!

Post subject: Re: Oblivion SUcks
PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 17:17 

I hate oblivion....FOR MANY REASONS....ive played it forr about 2 hours n i do believe it sucks

/agreed Very well thought out post, concise and simple. Five Stars to you. Oh, and keep complaining, its the only way anyone in this world will ever hear you.

Stay quiet and don't complain.... and well, the status quo never changes. Good for you, way to stick up for yourself unlike the many many liberals in this forum.

PostPosted: 12 May 2007, 00:45 

lol...I have to agree with the OP.

Oblivion sucks. :lol:

Played it for about 15 hours unmodded, couldn't stand it.

Modded the hell out of it (OOO, textures, etc.) and it became a good game again.

But then I couldn't be arsed, it bored the hell out of me, finished the dull fighter's guild campaign, couldn't be bothered closing a gate.

Game sits on my shelf, unused.

What a let down. I loved Morrowind. When I first saw one of those gigantic mushroom towers, I thought I was trippin' on a great shroomer flashback. Awesome game. I remember venturing into my first vampire cave at a low level and getting an undead rapage of the highest order in a few seconds. That learnt me reel gud.

I remember venturing into my first vampire cave in Oblivion at a low level and killing a vampire with my rusty shortsword. Er....right. Perhaps vampires in Cyrodil are highly allergic to rust and it had a rapid anaphalactic shock? Maybe it was also a level 1 vamp with rounded fangs? It could only gum me in vain whilst I laughed at its pathetic dentition.

Now STALKER, on the other hand - great game! Challenging and immersive atmosphere. I have no technical issues with the game (am one of the lucky ones I guess).

So, yeah, Oblivion bites. :twisted: :wink:

PostPosted: 12 May 2007, 16:17 

Its a love hate thing for me. I love the game ....so much in fact i spent an easy 1000$ ( two 8800gts, water cooling system ,and some ocz sli ram ) just so i could play it wide open on my 24 inch dell. I hate paying for the hardware. Oblivion is the first game i ever played that i actually would stop just to take in all the eye candy. In my opinion if you dont like oblivion your not playing it right lol!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next