Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 09:41 

Great! Didn't want to play it anyway. BC2 got me all occupied and whot not.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 11:33 

Lollerskittles i got banned from the 2k forums for insulting the devs... :rockout

Although it probably was from the DRM thread rather than the widescreen one... ah... the joys of being a mad twatter.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 12:05 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Just so I understand the scope of this issue, does it effect every version of the game? (PC, 360, PS3)

I was browsing through some screenshots in various sources and it indeed DOES look like its an issue for everyone regardless of the platform.

I am running the PC version meself.

This is just a PC issue. It doesn't impact 360 or PS3 because the game always has a widescreen angle for those versions.
Having found this in the 2K forums, makes me want to rent Bioshock 2 and plug my 360 into a 4:3 monitor... I wonder if the console versions are forced to 16:9?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 15:13 
Insiders
Insiders

The console version likely uses 16:9 (the same view as 16:9 on the PC) and the 4:3 view is anamorphic. This is how almost all 360 games are. They don't render in 4:3 natively, they let the 360 hardware automatically downscale 1280x720 to 640x360 and add black bars (this requires no extra work from the devs).

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 01:25 

http://kotaku.com/5468777/bioshock-2-pc-widescreen-pissing-people-off-again

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 03:53 

No wonder I feel claustrophobic playing it... same with borderlands before the FOV fix...

Hoping the patch comes out soon, it also has a handful of other bugs i noticed.

F is default use key, if you bind use to anything else it works for opening boxes/corpses but you have to hit F to remove the stuff, same for the hack minigame...

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 11:36 

F is default use key, if you bind use to anything else it works for opening boxes/corpses but you have to hit F to remove the stuff, same for the hack minigame...

E works for me for both opening and getting (and everything else).

I did notice the HUD for choosing whether to save or kill a little sister displays default buttons though, which is awkward.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 17:00 

You can use these temp fixes in the mean time, I can actually play the game now (I think it's better than the first one) with decent FOV until the patch comes out. Here are a few fixes.

=====================================
Changing FOV

(You might need to turn on show all hidden files/folders/etc)

Find the user.ini file located in

(For Vista/WIN7)
C:UsersyournameAppDataRoamingBioshock2

(For XP)
C:Documents and SettingsUsernameApplication
DataBioshock 2

Open it and look for the heading [Default] and look for an unbound key I used Tilde and after that it should look like this

Tilde=SetFov 85.2812718522 for 16:10 screens.
or
Tilde=SetFov 91.3154482287 for 16:9 screens.

You can try whatever FOV you prefer but those are some examples.

================================================================

To Fix the Mouse Acceleration Problem

User.ini and DefUser.ini add

[Engine.PlayerInput]
MouseSmoothingMode=0
MouseAccelThreshold=0.0

================================================================

To Fix Vsync to always off on every game start

Bioshock2SP.ini

Vsync=False

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 05:33 

[quote]F is default use key, if you bind use to anything else it works for opening boxes/corpses but you have to hit F to remove the stuff, same for the hack minigame...

E works for me for both opening and getting (and everything else).

I did notice the HUD for choosing whether to save or kill a little sister displays default buttons though, which is awkward.

Yea this seems to be a YMMV glitch, i have the little sister thing as well. Something is weird.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 06:45 

Yea this seems to be a YMMV glitch, i have the little sister thing as well. Something is weird.

The game has a ton of little issues like this. I would blame it on the dev team, but the original Bioshock had many of the same problems and that was an entirely different dev team.

I'm enjoying the game though, the "communism gone crazy" story is entertaining and a nice balance with the "capitalism gone crazy" story of the original. Some cool moments already and some decent areas, though level design being worse is definately one of the game's main faults when compared to the original.

All in all a nice expansion but not as good as the main game, and called a sequel for some unknown reason.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next