Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 00:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2006, 20:04 

anyone here play MU Online Global? u should all check it out. it one of my favorite games online.

http://www.muonline.com

P.S.
SSBM is the best consel game by far :wink:

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2006, 20:08 

Yes, WS does make old games better!

I can't believe old games like Giants: Citizen Kabuto and MDK2 have native widescreen support that actually works correctly, and most newer games can't even do it right! Half-Life 2 is the only recent game I've seen that scales everything correctly.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2006, 20:35 

[quote]Ow, gheghe, i installed Windows 98 on it and tried Silver. It did work, but it was slooooooooooooooooowwww. So not really playable :lol: . Gameplay was very jaggy and loading took ages.

the reson for this is ram. I see you have a gig. the thing is you have the ram useage by XP(and anything curantly running) then you have the ram used buy VPC it self, then the ram used by 98(and anything running on98), then the game. from what I have found just to run 98 or any other os well. you need a gig. I wuld say to run a game like that you wuld need 2 gig. but I am not shure as I have never tryed to run a game like that. ( I have a old pc set up on a KVM to play my old games)

Running a game in Virtual Machine software won't work very well, because the Virtual Machine software uses its own drivers for graphics, so it's as if its not even using your graphics card to run the game.

My Top 5 right now:
1. The Sims 2
2. Unreal Tournament 2004
3. Half-Life 2
4. Battlefield 2
5. Call of Duty 2

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2006, 20:55 

Best games of all time (the ones I've spent most time playing):
1. Deus Ex
2. Battlefield 1942
2. Baldurs Gate 1/2
3. Fallout 1/2
4. Civilization (1, the original)

Only Deus Ex supports WS with a hack :(

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 09:01 
Editors
Editors

Running a game in Virtual Machine software won't work very well, because the Virtual Machine software uses its own drivers for graphics, so it's as if its not even using your graphics card to run the game.

Yeah, i know. But i thought let's give it a try since Silver is such a good game.
Now i have an old second system on my room i think i'm going to run win 98 on it and try silver again. :P

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 20:40 

World of Warcraft is all the better on widescreen.

Agreed. In fact, World of Warcraft is one of the main reasons (the 2nd was Counter-Strike) I bought a wide-screen monitor. ;) This game really plays better in wide-screen, not only because you can see more, but because you've got more space for all those user interface gimmicks like CT_RaidAssist and DamageMeters.

My top 5 games of all time... ugh... very hard to answer:

1. World of Warcraft
2. Counter-Strike
3. EverQuest (it kicked ass back in the day, but I have no interest in playing it now)
4. Warcraft 3 and StarCraft
5. Quake (3, and possibly 4, which I'll get it in the mail in a few days ;))

Widescreen gaming for the win. Every game should support it now. It just adds so much to the visual experience.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2006, 22:28 

I´ve found this download site for old Colonization game:
http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/amiga/games_c/colonization.html

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 04:07 

1: civ iv
2: smac
3: civ iii
4: smacx
5: civ2

bit obsessed :twisted:

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 05:32 

ALL TIME:
1) Freespace: Great War
2) Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
3) Call of Duty United Offensive
4) Unreal Tournament GOTY
5) Quake III

Current:
1) CSS
2) Guild Wars
3) COD2
4) HL2
5) Dark Messiah (probably will rate that higher when I got a rig that doesn't die)

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 14:25 

Top Games of all time? I'll give it a shot...here's my Top 10, going waaay back to he beginning of PC gaming for me. :wink:

1) Aztec (Apple IIe) - Indiana Jones kind of game in monochrome. Had a T. Rex in it.
2) Ultima 3 - Exodus (also on Apple IIe) - great memories, like someone else posted of playing late at night, dark room.
3) The Bard's Tale
4) Castle Wolfenstein (Halt! Kommen sie hier! Aus-pass! Heil!) and Return to Castle Wolfenstein
5) Wing Commander - Privateer - someone else mentioned this as well - great game!
6) Duke Nukem
7) Age of Empires II
8 ) Baldur's Gate, 1 and especially 2.
9) Half-Life 2
10) Counter-Strike
11) The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind - ok, so I listed 11. This game completely blew me away. I loved the openess of it. Oblivion, in contrast was a bitter disappointment with its scaling and hand-holding.

Some other notables - Neverwinter Nights, Max Payne, Vampire Masquerade:Bloodlines, Ultima 9 - even with the bugs.

One last one - XCom - Terror from the Deep.

It's cool how the games and gear have evolved over the years. I was happy and psyched to play a game like Ultima 3 on a black and white monochrome monitor with two dual 5.25 disk drives! The gear I have now is alien by comparison! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next