Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 05:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: TF2 update
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 22:56 

By fixed you mean completely overpowered now ofcourse right? :/

They need to nerf the base damage or firing speed now.

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 22:45 

By fixed you mean completely overpowered now ofcourse right? :/

sort of agree but you need to be pretty good to really abuse how powerful it is. I havent really felt the wrath from any enemy spies personally.
Longer recoil cooldown would work too but it should definately stay a crit on the head , the mini crit stuff before was retarded.

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 23:06 

[quote]By fixed you mean completely overpowered now ofcourse right? :/

sort of agree but you need to be pretty good to really abuse how powerful it is. I havent really felt the wrath from any enemy spies personally.
Longer recoil cooldown would work too but it should definately stay a crit on the head , the mini crit stuff before was retarded.

Oh yes of course, I just think they need to balance it out abit more, just slightly. Right now theres no reason to use the old pistol because of the lack of spread on the AMB, and your more likely to get a fluke headshot with it than you are to get a crit with the other one.

Every unlockable should make you go Eh damn which one should I use. Some are great like the sandman, the healing gun, the spy watches... others ehh not so much..

PostPosted: 29 May 2009, 03:18 
Insiders
Insiders

So far, I've got the ambassador and the dead ringer. The ambassador rocks. The dead ringer is nice in theory, but I like cloaking at will too much to give up the old invisibility watch.

Huntsman and pee grenades sound useful, but also contrary to the sniper's role. I know Valve said they were trying to make getting close to the action a viable sniper tactic, but come on, isn't that contrary the whole point of being a sniper in the first place? When I want to get close to the action, I pick one of the offensive classes or the heavy.

Razorback sounds nearly worthless. The two times that I actually backstabbed a sniper using one, he didn't even notice, and I killed him with a second backstab anyway.

Cloak and Dagger might be a good tradeoff, but I don't have it yet, so it's hard to tell.

PostPosted: 29 May 2009, 11:54 

Yeah I'm not a fan of the dead ringer, I just dont like that play style, Others love it and it works great for them though, I'm curringly using the CnD it once again is different I still like the old watch slightly better aside from a few select cases where I have to camp and wait for someone (like before the gates open)

Razorback is absolutely horrible, Its just like a gun that only does damage to one class, the gun would be stupid too. At the very least it should lower ALL damage done from behind, and not break under pressure. and even then I'm not sure that it would be worth using over jarate. With the AMB you can just run up to the sniper and pop him in the head anyway if its not an instant kill then just pop another one in his big toe.

PostPosted: 29 May 2009, 21:34 

Worse than that DaFox, you can't even tell when it breaks or not (you'd think you'd notice a butterfly knife stabbing into a wooden board on your back)

PostPosted: 30 May 2009, 03:29 

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2545/

Namely:
Added Sniper/Spy milestone achievements as an additional way players can get the new unlockables

Dunno about other class achievements.

PostPosted: 30 May 2009, 05:25 
Insiders
Insiders

The other existing class achievements already have milestones.

If you already have enough achievements, all you need to do to activate the milestones is join a VAC server and play for awhile. Eventually you get the milestones.

PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 18:31 

Razorback sounds nearly worthless. The two times that I actually backstabbed a sniper using one, he didn't even notice, and I killed him with a second backstab anyway.

From a spy perspective , if the sniper is surrounded by other players of that team , you'll be less likely to stab them as it disables your knife.
You'd much rather go round shanking everyone else. - as such , the razorback fulfills its purpose of keeping you alive from a backstab...
(also , it zooms you out if you get backstabbed i hear, but ive only been saved by it once - and that was in a melee fight)
I generally avoid snipers with razorbacks altogether as a spy unless they are alone - then i give them a taste of some diplomacy...

PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 18:41 

Yeah, it zooms you out. Only managed to use it once, and I quickly turned around and showed him my kukri while he was standing there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next