Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 06:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 07:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Just out of curiosity, have any of the Diablo 3 gamers on the WSGF fallen foul of the apparent SessionID 'hack' that appears to be plaguing the game at the minute?

I have not. I also have not opened or followed any link saying they are from Blizz support, even if it is something I initiated. I go to the site and login there, I got hacked once when I followed a linked for WoW thinking it was legit, never again. That was the first and last time I've been compromised like that and I shall not happen again, remember it isn't paranoia if some one is actually out to get your account!

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 07:42 

Will Diablo 3 run in portrait Eyefinity/Surround with the Widescreen fixer?

I am thinking about flipping my screens around but I hear it scales the game down to 768 res when playing in portrait windowed mode? Would rather go full screen if the WS fixer supports it.

PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 15:03 

I am currently playing on 3x27 inch monitors in portrait mode @4320x2560, without the fix. The game appears to be really zoomed in at such a resolution and I wish that I could zoom out.

Since the fix I suppose is more for people in landscape mode, would it actually do anything to improve my experience?

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 00:24 

How are you getting it to run in even that res. When I launch Diablo 3 it takes me to 1027x768 and I cant even change it :(

Post subject: im still not getting why
PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 16:02 

im still not getting why people are not liking the fullscreen windowed mode, i saw one person say its for 3d mode, but diablo3 isnt even full 3d anyway, although it is supported. is it that good / worth it? Also there are a lot of people posting about using the fix, are "all" of you guys using 3d setups on a 3x1 config?

To those who keep asking how to change the res, the answer is that you don't. as long as you are using nvidia surround or the amd flavor so that your windows resolution is ONE res, and not 3 seperate ones, when you go to fullscreen windowed mode the resolution chooser greys out and it just uses your desktop resolution. At least on my nvidia 3x1 it does.

for me, fullscreen windowed is excellent. my view distance appears to be identical to 1x screen and everythign works great. Its a bummer i can't click on things outside the primary window, but thats fine. game looks and plays great. Although for the first time my sli rig actually had to turn the fans up (Set to auto), on 1x screen they stayed dead silent, i thought that was pretty funny heh.

anywhere heres a quick 20 second vid of my monk running around
http://youtu.be/mS155ROWV-0

I also want to note that while this works great (for now)! i really hope they don't "fix" it in a patch, and i have a BAD feeling that they will..
for now im enjoying the extra res as much as i can :D

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 16:15 

I have 3x GTX 580s. I was simply enable to chose Fullscreen directy from the game's menu and then I selected the resolution. I dont know why it works for me but it just seems to right off the bat. Which is why I was wondering about the fix that people have been using around. Would it actually DO anything different for me? The ONLY thing that kind of bugs me right now is, at this resolution/aspect ratio/size of screen, the game appears pretty zoomed in, even though the zoom in feature wasnt on.

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 16:52 

is the zoom the same if you do fullscreen windowed like many of us have to do?
someone else said something about it feeling zoomed as well, i have no issues as you can see in my vid, but i am also only on 3840x1024 and i have found some games seem to like that res better than 5760

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 17:07 

Yes the same level of Zoom or FoV seems to be the same between fullscreen and fullscreen windowed mode unfortunately. Is there a way to increase the FoV or level or zoom further or is that what the Fix is supposed to do?

Post subject: ugzz wrote:im still not
PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 20:26 

im still not getting why people are not liking the fullscreen windowed mode, i saw one person say its for 3d mode, but diablo3 isnt even full 3d anyway, although it is supported. is it that good / worth it? Also there are a lot of people posting about using the fix, are "all" of you guys using 3d setups on a 3x1 config?

To those who keep asking how to change the res, the answer is that you don't. as long as you are using nvidia surround or the amd flavor so that your windows resolution is ONE res, and not 3 seperate ones, when you go to fullscreen windowed mode the resolution chooser greys out and it just uses your desktop resolution. At least on my nvidia 3x1 it does.

for me, fullscreen windowed is excellent. my view distance appears to be identical to 1x screen and everythign works great. Its a bummer i can't click on things outside the primary window, but thats fine. game looks and plays great. Although for the first time my sli rig actually had to turn the fans up (Set to auto), on 1x screen they stayed dead silent, i thought that was pretty funny heh.

anywhere heres a quick 20 second vid of my monk running around
http://youtu.be/mS155ROWV-0

I also want to note that while this works great (for now)! i really hope they don't "fix" it in a patch, and i have a BAD feeling that they will..
for now im enjoying the extra res as much as i can :D

I just noticed that if I take a screen grab with FRAPS, it says "3600x1920 JPEG" so I guess your right it its scales to my desktop res. Sucks that its in windowed, but better than nothing :)

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 23:12 

Sorry for the question, I am missing somethign I guess. Can you see farther with the windowed fullscreen mode when it goes wide? Or does it make it higher resolution but keep the same field of view?

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next