Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Aug 2024, 03:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Le sigh.
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 20:12 

Ubisoft has denied the DRM is cracked... the versions online are missing tons of key features, experience massive glitching and in AC2 you cannot save.

In other words they cracked the server requirement to launch but it is missing all the content, accesses and permissions the server sends. Emulating that stuff was always going to be the hard part in cracking these games. Silent Hunter 5 has very little server-side, which is why it has been claimed as a success for pirates despite some errors and such. AC2 is much more complicated, which is why we have brief and vague screenshots and nothing else.

And for the record I am just seeking honesty here, no pushing one way or the other. Declaring it cracked and useless without the facts is not helping anyone, just being inaccurate. If it is fully cracked in a matter of days then I will be the first one to say so.

Do you have a source page or PR that says this? I would love to show this to some of the people on the net who are going around saying "God Bless Skidrow" and being totally ignorant about the whole thing!

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 21:29 
Editors
Editors

Dammit... I wanted to get Silent Hunter 5 when it is released later on... oh well.

I suppose I should look at it this way: Ubisoft saved me some money. Wasn't that kind of them?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 21:39 

[quote]Ubisoft has denied the DRM is cracked... the versions online are missing tons of key features, experience massive glitching and in AC2 you cannot save.

In other words they cracked the server requirement to launch but it is missing all the content, accesses and permissions the server sends. Emulating that stuff was always going to be the hard part in cracking these games. Silent Hunter 5 has very little server-side, which is why it has been claimed as a success for pirates despite some errors and such. AC2 is much more complicated, which is why we have brief and vague screenshots and nothing else.

And for the record I am just seeking honesty here, no pushing one way or the other. Declaring it cracked and useless without the facts is not helping anyone, just being inaccurate. If it is fully cracked in a matter of days then I will be the first one to say so.

Do you have a source page or PR that says this? I would love to show this to some of the people on the net who are going around saying "God Bless Skidrow" and being totally ignorant about the whole thing!

Every news site has the Ubisoft quite about the games not being complete... what exactly that means we only have forum posts and such to go on. Some people say they both work perfectly, but is that just what they heard, or a statement made after loading the game, or what? I have read a ton of people saying the games are glitchy, lack content, and in AC2 you cannot save.

Same thing with Mass Effect, people swore there was a working copy right away on torrents and still swear to this today when told SecuROM worked for a bit, but in reality the early copies were barely function and not at all worth playing. It took a week or so for perfect cracked copies to exist.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 22:50 

[quote][quote]Ubisoft has denied the DRM is cracked... the versions online are missing tons of key features, experience massive glitching and in AC2 you cannot save.

Every news site has the Ubisoft quite about the games not being complete... what exactly that means we only have forum posts and such to go on. Some people say they both work perfectly, but is that just what they heard, or a statement made after loading the game, or what? I have read a ton of people saying the games are glitchy, lack content, and in AC2 you cannot save.

Same thing with Mass Effect, people swore there was a working copy right away on torrents and still swear to this today when told SecuROM worked for a bit, but in reality the early copies were barely function and not at all worth playing. It took a week or so for perfect cracked copies to exist.

I see. Good then...let the people think they got away with it, and they can deal with the frustrations.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 00:17 
Administrators
Administrators

http://torrentfreak.com/ubisofts-uber-drm-cracked-within-a-day-100304/

Its relevant.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 00:41 
Editors
Editors

PCG: If a widely available working cracked version of an Ubisoft game is out, will you patch the option of an offline mode for paying customers? Is that even possible?

Ubisoft: It is possible, yes. And it's a valid part of a varied set of options that we would consider.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=237724&site=pcg

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 00:59 

http://torrentfreak.com/ubisofts-uber-drm-cracked-within-a-day-100304/

Its relevant.

Good article I mostly agree with. It's a shame that site is mostly filled unaplogetic thieves, since there are legitimate purposes for torrents (and even game cracks, in my opinion).

I'm hearing more and more evidence that the game is indeed completely cracked... Silent Hunter 5 that is... Assassin's Creed 2 seems to be only partially functional.

[quote]PCG: If a widely available working cracked version of an Ubisoft game is out, will you patch the option of an offline mode for paying customers? Is that even possible?

Ubisoft: It is possible, yes. And it's a valid part of a varied set of options that we would consider.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=237724&site=pcg

Great to hear, that is my main issue with DRM in general, it is not removed after its usefullness is gone (either by patch or by not including it in later releases).

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 01:07 
Administrators
Administrators

[quote]http://torrentfreak.com/ubisofts-uber-drm-cracked-within-a-day-100304/

Its relevant.

Good article I mostly agree with. It's a shame that site is mostly filled unaplogetic thieves, since there are legitimate purposes for torrents (and even game cracks, in my opinion).

I'm hearing more and more evidence that the game is indeed completely cracked... Silent Hunter 5 that is... Assassin's Creed 2 seems to be only partially functional.

The site itself isn't *no registration*, allot of the comment are, but then comment sections do tend to get filled allot with the most extrema sides of one view or another. A news site should be judged on its articles not the people commenting on it.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 05:46 

Great to hear, that is my main issue with DRM in general, it is not removed after its usefullness is gone (either by patch or by not including it in later releases).

I agree also, once the DRM has been cracked why bother shoving it down paying customers throats anymore if it is available cracked all over the web. If they can withstand cracking attempts I can understand the logic of not removing DRM but once it is cracked why make paying customers deal with activation limits and crap.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 06:39 

[quote]Great to hear, that is my main issue with DRM in general, it is not removed after its usefullness is gone (either by patch or by not including it in later releases).

I agree also, once the DRM has been cracked why bother shoving it down paying customers throats anymore if it is available cracked all over the web. If they can withstand cracking attempts I can understand the logic of not removing DRM but once it is cracked why make paying customers deal with activation limits and crap.

A lot of DRM is simply to combat casual piracy, but that is pointless aside from the basics in my opinion (I.E. CD in the drive) Consumers are smart enough to get the crack now days if they are wanting to do that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next