Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 May 2024, 18:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2005, 16:59 
Editors
Editors

Does anyone else have annoying texture corruption streaking across the bottom of the screen sometimes? It only seems to do it in some areas, as it doesn't do it while in the Guild, only while running around the nearby town.

The readme says that there is texture corruption issues on certain resolutions, but it's not constant, and it's not a major problem - it's just a pain in the rear. :(

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2005, 20:57 

So what FPS are all of you getting in Fable?

I have mine set to 1680X1050 and I have all things set to high except shadows.

I get like 30 fps at the minimum in towns and when im looking at things far off in the distance but it goes up to 60 in others.

Also, I am assuming everyone here gets the error where it says the feature isnt supported when you try to max out the shadows? It was on the official forums to, but i dont know if its limited to brands.

I have a Dell XPS Gen 5 3.8 GHZ HT
2GB DDR 600mhz RAM Dual Channel
ATI Radeon X850 XT PE

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2005, 21:05 
Editors
Editors

I maxed out the shadows on my 6800GT. It didn't give any errors.

I was getting around the 20fps mark with everything on full at 1680x1050, so I pulled shadows back to the second mark. Nice and smooth after that, so I didn't actually bother finding out exactly what the fps was... ;)

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2005, 01:34 

Does anyone else have annoying texture corruption streaking across the bottom of the screen sometimes? It only seems to do it in some areas, as it doesn't do it while in the Guild, only while running around the nearby town.

The readme says that there is texture corruption issues on certain resolutions, but it's not constant, and it's not a major problem - it's just a pain in the rear. :(

My old man's system(nvida 6800GT) gets it. It's from the meshes. If mesh is set to zero it goes away. My ATI has no problems.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2005, 10:24 
Editors
Editors

OK - thanks for the info, Cabezone. :)

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2005, 05:54 
Founder
Founder

Can anyone who has played this game give a mini-review. It looks like a good one.