Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 21:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Your Oblivion Character!
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006, 04:24 

I was interested in seeing what other people have for characters. I myself am playing a Redguard Archer who is a Thief. I've clocked in like 85+ hours (46 of which are my current character).
Click screenshots for bigger versions :)

If you wanna take nice screens of your character bring down the console (~) and type "tfc" to enable a free roam camera and "tm" to remove the menu's on screen. Don't forget to switch to third person too ;)
Hope to see what everybody is playing.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 05:30 

These aren't those pretty shots. I'll need to use the command you gave for those, but I do have a picture that I'll post soon that I use as my desktop. Anywho, here they are.

Ok, I made a new char and started over again. He's a wood elf ruffian. Custom class that deal with marksmen and security. His major skills are marksmen, security, sneak, illusion, yada yada. I made my way to Cheyd because I wanted to go there for a horse. The stable master wouldn't sell me one for 100g. I stalked in during the night and killed him. I went to sleep later that night and a man appeared for me to join the Dark Brotherhoode, a family of assassins. I joined them by whacking some poor old man who had done something with some young girl. Anywho, when I finally joined they gave me this armor. I look good :)

One of the missions I had to do was sneak BACK into the same jail cell I escaped from, and kill the guy who was talking crap about me at the very beginning of the game. Oh my! Was that a sweet moment! Here's me in the cell.

Target accuired, guard left, he died. Nice and clean, all praise the dark mother!

I joined the thief's guild also. Now that is also fun!

Another contract fulfilled. Ouch, shot right in the eardrum. I am so friggen uber!

OK! I found this guy wandering about in Bravil. This, imho, is what Storm looks like IRL.

Named Shadowmere and you get it for a quest in the Dark Brotherhood.

Next is to show the zombies. They are pretty graphic.

Next is one of my bow shots, I've good aim :) Actually, two pictures posted for shots!

Last one is of my char. I'm the leader of the thieves guild, the assassins guild , and I'm the grand champion of the arena! ALL HAIL ME! Now, to complete the main story line of this game on this toon. And also, to get my mage to be the arch mage of the mages guild! 30 hours in and I haven't even touched the main quest line on my stealther!

OK, here's my wallpaper, I love this screen. I got it by going afk in the sanctuary next to my dark brother murderer. He was looking down and when I walked up I saw it doing that. I had to nab the picture! I'll get one similar with the command you gave hopefully soon.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 05:45 

Why are you wearing that heavy daedric armor if you are a thief?

I'll post my guy later when I get my 360 hooked up...he's a khajiit level 25 with almost full glass armor all enchanted with +9 str. two rings that reflect 30% damage together and a shield that reflects more.

I also have the best dark brotherhood suit and a few other items that make me essentially the perfect thief, like some stat boosts and the skeleton key daedric artifact! (+40 security)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 06:07 

Question OP, what level is your toon and what gear is that? I played 30 hours at level 2, and just leveled myself up to 12 in around 5 minutes. Just haven't seen the high level stuff yet, what is it? :)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 06:45 

Ok, here are a couple I just took. He's wearing the dark brotherhood robes. Also using the dark brotherhood bow and just steel arrows. Blade of Woe (enhanced) with one shot.

First shot is with everything maxed, using bloom and not HDR, no AA (obviously).

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 09:02 

This is one of my characters. Level 13 Paladin type.

Screenies taken @1920x1200, HDR + 2xAA. (Yes this is playable)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 10:32 

Why are you wearing that heavy daedric armor if you are a thief?

Cause I loooove how it looks, simply :)

Why 2xAA? I could BARELY even notice it at 1920x1200... Now 4xAA was nice, but nice and laggy :)
What kinda FPS you getting outdoors with those settings? I get a good steady 30-60fps outdoors with max settings, HDR and some ini tweaks for the dual core stuff. I wish I could get more outside, eh. It's totally playable outside with 30fps, but I want smoooooooothness..

I can't wait to do the dark brotherhood stuff and get their armor (Horse especially, I want one with red eyes to match my character's red eyes :))

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 16:06 

If you had a 1920x1200 version of this (with the HUD removed) i would use it as *MY* desktop wallpaper!!!

[img=http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.4775229226.jpg]

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 23:29 

Here are a few of my current character. She's a Bosmer assassin. I really like the way her look turned out with the old school all black Bosmer eyes. She's pictured here on the balcony of the Anvil Lighthouse, wearing the Deceiver's Finery gown which was a reward for one Dark Brotherhood quest, and very useful as town garb.

BTW, Gabbo, I didn't think it was possible to run both HDR and AA on the PC... is there a hack that allowed you to do this?

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006, 02:24 

BTW, Gabbo, I didn't think it was possible to run both HDR and AA on the PC... is there a hack that allowed you to do this?

ATI has released the "Chuck" patch that allows HDR and AA at the same time on X1000 series cards.