Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 04:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2006, 00:53 
Founder
Founder

Looks like it will be a decent one in 2007 - Xbox then PC :D
From Eidos & IO (Hitman)

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

Game site with short flash movie: http://www.kaneandlynch.com/
& Hi Def http://www.kaneandlynch.com/downloads/KL_MPEG_US.zip

22 more screenies

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/842/842694/imgs_1.html

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2007, 13:02 

crapy and shitty game, short, easy and look horible...

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2007, 04:07 

It has a cool story though, and some nice voicework... feels like a Michael Mann film.

I rented it for the PS3 and enjoyed it, but wouldn't buy it.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2007, 14:49 

Its an alright game , not too good on the gameplay side of things but the story is definitely good. Theres a movie adaptation coming y'know :P

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2007, 22:36 

http://xbox360.qj.net//GameSpot-editorial-director-fired-for-Kane-Lynch-review-/pg/49/aid/108796

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2007, 15:48 
Editors
Editors

It's kinda average. Very consoley, not good on the PC at all really. It's very very similar to Hitman, which yes is a great game, but also shows why this fails. Hitman is all about stealth, hopefully in a level you'll NEVER shoot. The same engine and aiming system are in this game, for mowing down hundreds of people every level ,and it just doesn't work. They needed to make a NEW game really, rather than using the same tech from Hitman. Why they thought it would work when the styles of the game are completely different is beyond me. :?

And it has the strangest bug. The game will freeze every 2-3secs ... the problem? Saitek Eclipse II keyboard .. :shock: Either using a different keyboard or going into device manager and disabling the "USB Human Interface Device" relating to the keyboard will solve the problem. Disabling this will stop the volume up/down play, pause etc buttons on the keyboard from working. The game will now run perfectly smoothly!

What a bizarre bug, I'm glad i found the answer on the Eidos tech forum or I woulda been scratching my head for ages!

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2007, 17:11 

It's kinda average. Very consoley, not good on the PC at all really. It's very very similar to Hitman, which yes is a great game, but also shows why this fails. Hitman is all about stealth, hopefully in a level you'll NEVER shoot. The same engine and aiming system are in this game, for mowing down hundreds of people every level ,and it just doesn't work. They needed to make a NEW game really, rather than using the same tech from Hitman. Why they thought it would work when the styles of the game are completely different is beyond me. :?

And it has the strangest bug. The game will freeze every 2-3secs ... the problem? Saitek Eclipse II keyboard .. :shock: Either using a different keyboard or going into device manager and disabling the "USB Human Interface Device" relating to the keyboard will solve the problem. Disabling this will stop the volume up/down play, pause etc buttons on the keyboard from working. The game will now run perfectly smoothly!

What a bizarre bug, I'm glad i found the answer on the Eidos tech forum or I woulda been scratching my head for ages!
excellent writing, i haven't actually played the game but i totally understand what you mean :)

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2007, 20:33 

And it has the strangest bug. The game will freeze every 2-3secs ... the problem? Saitek Eclipse II keyboard .. Either using a different keyboard or going into device manager and disabling the "USB Human Interface Device" relating to the keyboard will solve the problem. Disabling this will stop the volume up/down play, pause etc buttons on the keyboard from working. The game will now run perfectly smoothly!

The Eclipse has this problem as well. Windows thinks it has the additional keypad device. You have to disable to entires in the device manager.

I know Thief 3 and Advent Rising have problems when the entries are enabled.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2007, 12:32 

Um.
I use saitek eclipse II and have never had such a problem.