Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Sep 2024, 09:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 04:08 

Developer BioWare and publisher EA have confirmed that they will be focusing on Mass Effect 3, with also shown a trailer for the Spike Video Games Awards (VGA) stuck Are generally, CA yesterday. The duo were delighted to obtain the very best Xbox 360 console bet on the age along with Best RPG game awards for Mass Effect 2.

With BioWare already implementing Dragon Age 2 (that could surely be released in March 2011), thirdly game (as well as last one) within the Mass Effect series will become so popular-so fast sometime in the next winter holiday. We?¡¥ll purchase the same Mass Effect 3 release date for all those versions from the game (PC, Ps3 and Xbox 360).

Now, for the trailer. It's built along the teasers that you have formerly seen, having wounded British marksman hidden on the Big Ben which snipes out an alien. However, Earth is facing a large Reaper invasion, with Two million casualties with the first day, without any only 7 million from the end of one's first week. This trailer doesn?¡¥t offer any exactly that game, but more trailers would be as you go along soon. The soldier says that Commander Shepard?¡¥s presence is critical for saving the world. The short video hints which your player have to reunite the variety of races within the galaxy so that the invading force is defeated.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010, 02:17 

Apparently, the Mass Effect 2 being released on the PS3 next month is running on the ME3 engine and has better graphics.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:49 

Apparently, the Mass Effect 2 being released on the PS3 next month is running on the ME3 engine and has better graphics.

No, it's still running on the same engine. The effects are more limited and there is less anti-aliasing due to the GPU being based on the GeForce 7600. I've also read about framerate fluctuations and bad screen tearing in the demo. Most people won't be able to tell a difference between the two at first glance, but the fact is the graphics are worse than the Xbox 360 version.

One of my favorite series of all time. Too bad we have to wait 10 extra months due to EA wanting to release it closer to the movie.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 19:14 

So this is/was BS?

http://www.1up.com/news/ps3-mass-effect-2-engine

http://www.destructoid.com/mass-effect-2-ps3-is-the-true-version-uses-me3-engine-189750.phtml

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 00:06 

So this is/was BS?

http://www.1up.com/news/ps3-mass-effect-2-engine

http://www.destructoid.com/mass-effect-2-ps3-is-the-true-version-uses-me3-engine-189750.phtml

Hmm... well it might be running on the new engine, but it just doesn't benefit the game in anyway. I played the demo when it was released on PSN and I didn't notice any difference that made it outstanding from the Xbox 360 version. I'll take another look at it, but I may just have blinders on because of how beautifully the game runs on PC. I'm a double-dipper, but I don't think I'll be buying the game a third time (PC was my second copy, 360 the first).

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 00:29 
Editors
Editors

I won't be getting it again on the PS3; I just didn't like it enough... spent most of the time thinking it was a bit RPG-lite compared to the original.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 01:33 

Maybe the demo is different?

I imagine some comparison shots will crop up in the next few weeks.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 10:22 

There's quite a detailed analysis of the PS3 engine compared to 360 here - the conclusion is that they both have pluses and minuses and neither one is definitively "better".