Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 07:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010, 02:31 

hey dopefish...
In the meantime is there any chance of small tutorial how to manually get MW2 MP to run @3600x1920?
Or have you an eta on version that will support it?
Cheers mate you rock... :rockout

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2010, 16:25 

Got the Widescreen Fixer v1.66.0 working for Call of Cuty: Modern Warfare and for Call of Cuty: World at War. However, it doesn't seem to be working for Modern Warfare 2. Eyefinity itself is working, but everything is strectched out and impossible to play. Basically, what would normally be on one monitor, is stretched across all three. I'm doing the same thing I did to get it to work for MW 1 and WaW. Something special I need to do for MW2?

Also, is there a way to change what key ( : ) activates the Fixer program? I do a lot of smiley's and use the colon often, which de-activates the program.

Thanks a lot thus far!

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 13:22 
Editors
Editors

Got the Widescreen Fixer v1.66.0 working for Call of Cuty: Modern Warfare and for Call of Cuty: World at War. However, it doesn't seem to be working for Modern Warfare 2. Eyefinity itself is working, but everything is strectched out and impossible to play. Basically, what would normally be on one monitor, is stretched across all three. I'm doing the same thing I did to get it to work for MW 1 and WaW. Something special I need to do for MW2?

Also, is there a way to change what key ( : ) activates the Fixer program? I do a lot of smiley's and use the colon often, which de-activates the program.

Thanks a lot thus far!

Make sure you download the individual MW2 .dll file from the WSF site and add it to the folder where the WSF.exe is.
Once WSF is running, there is a settings tab which has a "hot key" box at the bottom. Use that to change your key.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 19:35 

Downloaded the individual MW2 .dll file and added it to the folder where the Fixer.exe is located, but didn't seem to do the trick. Also, there is no 'Settings' tab on the Fixer program.

Also, the Fixer still works for MW1 as far as not stretching the image, but now when I get into a game, I can't click which team to join and none of the tabs work once in a server and in a game. The 'Marines', 'Spetsnatz', 'Back', 'Leave Game', etc. tabs don't work.

Thanks for the help

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 21:37 
Editors
Editors

Downloaded the individual MW2 .dll file and added it to the folder where the Fixer.exe is located, but didn't seem to do the trick. Also, there is no 'Settings' tab on the Fixer program.

Also, the Fixer still works for MW1 as far as not stretching the image, but now when I get into a game, I can't click which team to join and none of the tabs work once in a server and in a game. The 'Marines', 'Spetsnatz', 'Back', 'Leave Game', etc. tabs don't work.

Thanks for the help

Erm ... maybe you're using an old version? There is definitely a settings tab....

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 22:06 
Insiders
Insiders

eZ, what's that extra button in the titlebar?

hey dopefish...
In the meantime is there any chance of small tutorial how to manually get MW2 MP to run @3600x1920?
Or have you an eta on version that will support it?
Cheers mate you rock... :rockout

I'm not actually sure on changing the resolution of the game. This is separate of Widescreen Fixer.

Got the Widescreen Fixer v1.66.0 working for Call of Cuty: Modern Warfare and for Call of Cuty: World at War. However, it doesn't seem to be working for Modern Warfare 2.

Also, is there a way to change what key ( : ) activates the Fixer program?

You need to grab the latest version from the main site. http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

There is a settings tab in v2.0 that lets you change your hotkey.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 22:54 
Editors
Editors

eZ, what's that extra button in the titlebar?

It's put there from Ultramon, used to move the window to the next monitor. :)

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010, 03:41 

Ok, got the latest version of the Fixer with the 'Settings' tab, etc. Got all the .dll files in the same folder as the Fixer but it's still the same story. World at War works perfectly, Modern Warfare the Eyefinity works (the image is displayed correctly across all three screens) but the buttons are deactivated (Marines, Spetz, Leave Game, Options, etc.), and Modern Warfare 2 doesn't seem to work at all (image normally on single monitor is stretched across all three) and also the buttons don't work either (Join Game, Options, Exit, etc.).

Are there any certain settings on the Fixer I need to use?

FOV Calculator? Update rate?

Thanks again for everything

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010, 05:27 
Insiders
Insiders

The FOV calculator is nothing more than a FOV calculator. It does not interact with the game at all.

Update rate is only used for games that support it. It should be disabled and locked to a specific value for games that do not need it. For a game that does need it, it has to do with how frequently (in milliseconds) that the FOV is updated at. Setting it to a value of 1ms would be the quickest while 1000ms would be the longest.

For the menu items in CoD, you can move the mouse cursor to the side monitor and it will wrap around and let you select items. You may optionally disable the fix to select menu items and then re-enable it.

What version of MW2 are you using? Is it a cracked version or the regular Steam version?

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010, 12:48 

Ok, I got the buttons figured out on MW2, but still no playable Eyefnity. MW2 version 1.2.208, regular Steam version as far as I know. On MW, I clicked all over all three screens and never got the buttons to light up when cursor hovered over or get anything to click. Playable Eyefinity still working.

I really appreciate all the help with this. These three CoD games are the only ones I play (besides FreeCell. lol) and I bought the ATI Radeon HD 5870 the day it came out and I'm just now getting it to work correctly. Haha

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 148  Next