Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 09:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 148  Next
 Post subject: Thank you for the honest
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 14:24 

Thank you for the honest answer, It makes sense, one of the main reasons for me asking for access is to debug to see how some of the existing fixes work to be able to contribute hopefully in the future, but if everything is done using Cheat engine, and WidescreenFixer is more like a management tool then it makes sense, I guess i should start there instead then, Thanks!

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 21:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Thank you for the honest answer, It makes sense, one of the main reasons for me asking for access is to debug to see how some of the existing fixes work to be able to contribute hopefully in the future, but if everything is done using Cheat engine, and WidescreenFixer is more like a management tool then it makes sense, I guess i should start there instead then, Thanks!

Hi,

Yes understanding a memory editor tool (like CT or any other tool for that matter) is the beginning. Moreover you should grab some "lesson" in how memory works in general in a device (PC, phone etc) and at least the basics of assembly language. In CT what you do is actually manipulating the memory and the values stored in your memory in a very precise way. There is no "room" for error:)
As for WSF, is not a management tool. Its just a tool that does the same thing as CT does. In C++ /C# (or any other language) you have the ability to do whatever you want (including memory management).

Hope this casts some light on the problem.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:CY:G
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 21:30 

[quote]Thank you for the honest answer, It makes sense, one of the main reasons for me asking for access is to debug to see how some of the existing fixes work to be able to contribute hopefully in the future, but if everything is done using Cheat engine, and WidescreenFixer is more like a management tool then it makes sense, I guess i should start there instead then, Thanks!

Hi,

Yes understanding a memory editor tool (like CT or any other tool for that matter) is the beginning. Moreover you should grab some "lesson" in how memory works in general in a device (PC, phone etc) and at least the basics of assembly language. In CT what you do is actually manipulating the memory and the values stored in your memory in a very precise way. There is no "room" for error:)
As for WSF, is not a management tool. Its just a tool that does the same thing as CT does. In C++ /C# (or any other language) you have the ability to do whatever you want (including memory management).

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks, part of my inspiration for this is something i found with the ME3 Fix you did, being a laptop user, I cant always be online for Origin's DRM check against my save files with DLC, which means that I have to fall back on the RELOADED exe with my retail copy to play on the go, unfortunately, im sure your fix attempts to change a value that falls in a different address than Reloaded's EXE because god nows what Reloaded changed in their exe and when enabling your fix ME3 just crashes (what you mention with no room for error) All im trying to fix is the FOV, the Coalesced.bin fix doesnt really work me as I have to keep changing FOVs when cinematics come, I have became spoiled of your implementation in the retail release when I play on my desktop :).

Anyway thank you for the info and keep up the good work.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 23:01 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Thank you for the honest answer, It makes sense, one of the main reasons for me asking for access is to debug to see how some of the existing fixes work to be able to contribute hopefully in the future, but if everything is done using Cheat engine, and WidescreenFixer is more like a management tool then it makes sense, I guess i should start there instead then, Thanks!

Hi,

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks, part of my inspiration for this is something i found with the ME3 Fix you did, being a laptop user, I cant always be online for Origin's DRM check against my save files with DLC, which means that I have to fall back on the RELOADED exe with my retail copy to play on the go, unfortunately, im sure your fix attempts to change a value that falls in a different address than Reloaded's EXE because god nows what Reloaded changed in their exe and when enabling your fix ME3 just crashes (what you mention with no room for error) All im trying to fix is the FOV, the Coalesced.bin fix doesnt really work me as I have to keep changing FOVs when cinematics come, I have became spoiled of your implementation in the retail release when I play on my desktop :).

Hi,
I completely 1000000% agree with you and understand!!! But this is an open forum. If I fix it for a c_acked version most users will probably get the fix + hacked exe version and play the game. And they will have more functionality than the ones that actually payed for the game for free...which is not OK in my book:( As my plugin offers a fix for the demo version they can try the plugin and if they like it + the game they can buy an official copy of the game). Let' not forget that if Bioware wasn't arround Mass Effect would not exist, and I like to repay their efforts (even if they are pushed from the back by their publisher and maybe are in a darker period). Updating to any other exe would take about 2-5 minutes...the problem is not the time but the Idea...

Hope you understand! I know it sux to play the game on the laptop with no Internet and thus forced to use a diff executable but I don't want to change my policy :)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:CY:G
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 00:21 

[quote][quote][quote]Thank you for the honest answer, It makes sense, one of the main reasons for me asking for access is to debug to see how some of the existing fixes work to be able to contribute hopefully in the future, but if everything is done using Cheat engine, and WidescreenFixer is more like a management tool then it makes sense, I guess i should start there instead then, Thanks!

Hi,

Best Regards,
Helifax

Hi,
I completely 1000000% agree with you and understand!!! But this is an open forum. If I fix it for a c_acked version most users will probably get the fix + hacked exe version and play the game. And they will have more functionality than the ones that actually payed for the game for free...which is not OK in my book:( As my plugin offers a fix for the demo version they can try the plugin and if they like it + the game they can buy an official copy of the game). Let' not forget that if Bioware wasn't arround Mass Effect would not exist, and I like to repay their efforts (even if they are pushed from the back by their publisher and maybe are in a darker period). Updating to any other exe would take about 2-5 minutes...the problem is not the time but the Idea...

Hope you understand! I know it sux to play the game on the laptop with no Internet and thus forced to use a diff executable but I don't want to change my policy :)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Completely understandable, thanks for giving a reason instead of just saying no, I appreciate your efforts for legit users, regards :)

Post subject: dopefish wrote:For those
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 01:36 

For those getting crashes on launch, can you please go to your Event Viewer and find the application crash for both Widescreen Fixer and .NET Runtime. Paste me the error under the .NET Runtime entry.

Getting same crash on latest v 3.1 r404.

Here is the Error from .NET:

Application: Widescreen Fixer.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
at Library.DetectDisplays.DetectDisplays+DD64.Initialize(IntPtr)
at Library.DetectDisplays.DetectDisplays.Initialize()
at Widescreen_Fixer.WidescreenFixer..ctor()
at Widescreen_Fixer.Program.Main()

And the App error itself:
Faulting application name: Widescreen Fixer.exe, version: 3.1.404.0, time stamp: 0x4f688d97
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7601.17744, time stamp: 0x4eeb033f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000158e3
Faulting process id: 0x2f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd06f9b706ea24
Faulting application path: C:ToolsWidescreen FixertempWidescreen Fixer.exe
Faulting module path: C:Windowssystem32msvcrt.dll
Report Id: f648827b-72ec-11e1-9c4d-e0cb4e87e01a

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012, 08:41 

Hi Dopefish,

I noticed you have a todo list on the front of this thread. Is there anyway I could request two things to be added to this?

Unreal Tournament 3 - Works ok at the moment but the FOV needs tweaking
also
Split Second Velocity - seems to have native resolution support for eyefinity but is like modern warfare though. the menus and FOV in game are wrong. Happy to buy a copy for you if you dont have this.

i7 3770k, P8Z77v Pro, 16gb Ram,2x Samsung 840 SSD RAID 0 + 4.5tb storage, 7970 Oc'd + 7950 in crossfire, 3x SP2309w monitors + 1 acer monitor, Asus D2X Xonar, Creative T40 Speakers plus satalite speakers + audio transducer

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 16:48 

Hi dopefish!

What appears to be Dmp File uploaded to https://files.gaemsofyesterday.com/

Apologies if it isn't... Couldn't find the way to get it with procDump.

Thank's!

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 11:47 

A little bit of publicity for you here in the UK.

HotUKDeals

i7 3770k, P8Z77v Pro, 16gb Ram,2x Samsung 840 SSD RAID 0 + 4.5tb storage, 7970 Oc'd + 7950 in crossfire, 3x SP2309w monitors + 1 acer monitor, Asus D2X Xonar, Creative T40 Speakers plus satalite speakers + audio transducer

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 13:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. The forums have been messed up for me for over a week now where it never changes the forum icon letting me know there's new posts. So for a few days I just thought no one was posting when they really were.

Besides that, my father passed away on Monday so I was preoccupied with that over the weekend and start of this week.

I'll look into these crashes.

The SystemAccessViolation one is due to AMD. For some reason, using the ATI GPU Services (AGS) library, users will get crashes with certain driver versions and other weird issues. I've been trying to manage the exceptions thrown by this but new ones appear.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 148  Next