Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 01:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 126  Next
PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 08:14 

It says Access is Denied when I try to create a dump file for flawlesswidescreen.exe, it doesn't deny access when I try to create a dump file for other processes.

PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 08:21 
Insiders
Insiders

It says Access is Denied when I try to create a dump file for flawlesswidescreen.exe, it doesn't deny access when I try to create a dump file for other processes.

Something isn't right with your environment, the only possible thing I could think of is something anti-virus related. Have you tried disabling it? there are a couple of aspects of Flawless Widescreen that some really really aggressive antivirus programs may detect as 'undesirable' (typical with any memory manipulation tool) - other than this I can't really think of anything else that would produce the symptoms.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 08:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Has there been any official word on if blizzard allows this fix for Diablo 3? Has anyone been ban for using this fix? Does this also fix the shop and inventory windows by centering it to the middle screen? Thanks in advance!

It does absolutely nothing other than allow you to launch at fullscreen resolution without it being windowed - Only reason I bothered releasing it was because I found sometimes it would get locked at 30fps and other such silly things with it in windowed mode, I've played for the last week or so without being banned - but by no stretch of the imagination should you take that as confirmation as it being safe, we're talking about Blizzard here, altho by the same token I'm not really _expecting_ to be banned.

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:EvilDaed
PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 08:27 

[quote]It says Access is Denied when I try to create a dump file for flawlesswidescreen.exe, it doesn't deny access when I try to create a dump file for other processes.

Something isn't right with your environment, the only possible thing I could think of is something anti-virus related. Have you tried disabling it? there are a couple of aspects of Flawless Widescreen that some really really aggressive antivirus programs may detect as 'undesirable' (typical with any memory manipulation tool) - other than this I can't really think of anything else that would produce the symptoms.

I've disabled my AV and it wasn't able to launch. I'll try a few more things to see if I can get the program running. Thanks for your help Hayden, i'll let you know if I get it working.

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:It does
PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 17:34 

It does absolutely nothing other than allow you to launch at fullscreen resolution without it being windowed - Only reason I bothered releasing it was because I found sometimes it would get locked at 30fps and other such silly things with it in windowed mode, I've played for the last week or so without being banned - but by no stretch of the imagination should you take that as confirmation as it being safe, we're talking about Blizzard here, altho by the same token I'm not really _expecting_ to be banned.

Thanks HaYDeN for the reply. I do not think I have been locked at 30 FPS yet at least going off of Fraps and the ingame fps, but it would help to have that option of going Fullscreen. Thanks!

PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 18:02 

Just a quick question, does anyone know why Alice Madness Returns was dropped off the support list for this since the new release?
I bought Alice in the sale recently and was suprised we didn't have a fix on here, either using flawless or widescreen fixer.

That said, I did manage to download the old flawless and it works fine with the origin release... no cracked version needed. So just wondering why it's not supported now.

i7 3770k, P8Z77v Pro, 16gb Ram,2x Samsung 840 SSD RAID 0 + 4.5tb storage, 7970 Oc'd + 7950 in crossfire, 3x SP2309w monitors + 1 acer monitor, Asus D2X Xonar, Creative T40 Speakers plus satalite speakers + audio transducer

PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 18:19 

I was able to get it fixed Hayden. Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 19:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Just a quick question, does anyone know why Alice Madness Returns was dropped off the support list for this since the new release?
I bought Alice in the sale recently and was suprised we didn't have a fix on here, either using flawless or widescreen fixer.

That said, I did manage to download the old flawless and it works fine with the origin release... no cracked version needed. So just wondering why it's not supported now.

I re-did the fix properly for the new Flawless Widescreen but there is protection in Alice that detects changes to the code and terminates.

The old fix used a more "archaic" and brute method to do it, I could simply put that back in FWS if it seems to work.

I'll re-add it in the next day or two.

Post subject: Updated Diablo III for
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated Diablo III for v1.0.2.9858

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 10:27 

Yeah, just to confirm, using the standard Origin install of Alice, no cracks at all, and played about 3 hours so far it seems to work without issue. The menu screen is a little odd on the outer monitors but it's perfectly fine.

thanks

i7 3770k, P8Z77v Pro, 16gb Ram,2x Samsung 840 SSD RAID 0 + 4.5tb storage, 7970 Oc'd + 7950 in crossfire, 3x SP2309w monitors + 1 acer monitor, Asus D2X Xonar, Creative T40 Speakers plus satalite speakers + audio transducer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 126  Next