Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 06:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 22:22 

Hayden, is there any chance you can check your L.A. Noire plugin for FWS for any errors? Because whenever I install said plugin on v1.0.12 x64, the program starts refusing to respond to and/or do ANYTHING. It can't even do something as simple as a regular repo update check without something going wrong. For some reason, this faulty plugin also prevents other installed plugins from doing their job as long as it's around.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 02:47 

Hi, is there something wrong with Flawless Widescreen atm? I cannot install any new plugins. Also the website is down.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 05:19 
Insiders
Insiders

matticitt wrote:
Hi, is there something wrong with Flawless Widescreen atm? I cannot install any new plugins. Also the website is down.

Mate that usually happens when Hayden is updating the entire program - probably tweaking x64 and added more plugins.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 15:11 

maestroofmusic wrote:
Both programs detect the current (bezel) corrected resolutions and both inject..but the game just showes up on all three monitors (1920x1080). No matter what drivers I am using or what settings I have on either program or game..doesn't matter. If the game DOES support eyefinity the game runs fine (dues ex, Deadspace and so forth)....so I know it's a system thing...any suggestions....driving me nuts.

Which game are you having trouble with?

I've seen something similar on my friend's computer with AC4, and the solution was:
1) Make sure he had non-bezel corrected resolution set for the desktop
2) Go into the game and set it to the non-bezel corrected resolution
3) Reset the game settings to the bezel corrected resolution
4) Relaunch the game

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 03:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Don't forget to throw some money Hayden's way also :)

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013, 17:25 
Insiders
Insiders

I've noticed that since the last Core update that my previously loaded plugins no longer reload themselves after the program is closed and launched again - though I only close it on a restart. Was this intentional?

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013, 18:30 
Editors
Editors

Nope, v1.0.12 here and my loaded plugins are reloaded every time.
But I found that FlawlessWS can use a clean reinstall every once in a while...

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2013, 16:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Ah, that did it. I also has 1.0.12 before and now that I've uninstalled/reinstalled, the interface is a bit different, and everything loads as it was previously. Stupid me for not thinking to do that in the first place.

thanks

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 17:56 

I have Flawless Widescreen set to load on startup, but every time the UAC prompt comes up in Windows. How can I disable this prompt each time the PC boots? I've tried setting the "Run this program as an administrator" option under the "Compatibility" box for the .exe but that had no effect. I don't want to disable UAC on the whole PC, but can't see what other options I have open to me? Help, please...

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2014, 16:29 

Lufferov, I used the built-in Windows Task Scheduler to do this. I can't remember the exact guide I used, but this one looks like it has what you need.

Hayden, is there any chance of you adapting your KOTOR fix to work on the second game? Would be most appreciative since I've now been spoiled by flawless triplewide on the first. I'm happy to donate a copy on Steam if you don't have it.

"Personally, I see it as a virtue - trying to make the world a slightly better place _without_ trying to impose your moral values on other people. You do whatever the h*ll rings your bell, I'm just an engineer who wants to make the best OS possible." - Linus Torvalds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 126  Next