Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 07:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 17:58 

Its working good on my pc 6990Blackops :D
MW2 MP there is a problem with the fixer its not working? :shock:

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2011, 15:12 

I've enjoyed using the Widescreen Fixer tool by Dopefish, but I have one continuing problem and I have no idea what causes it. The problem is that after a month or so--not sure exactly the time frame, but somewhere in that range, the program refuses to open. I dont' know if it has to do with MS security updates or? etc..I try to run it as Admin etc and all works great until one day it no longer opens?? If I click on the short cut at the bottom of my Win 7 screen the security box will open as always and I'll say OK yes open WSF etc. But the WSF control panel doesn't appear? And even if I go back to the DOC folder where I have all stored and try to again somehow open WSF it just won't happen. I haven't a clue. What I have to do is look around on my machine and delete--including the recycle bin--any and all references to WSF and go back and download anew the whole current WSF and start again. Its not that I can't do it, but I wonder what happens and causes this to occur? Thats all. Its just an inconvenience and takes some time and thought to properly reinstall all and is always an unpleasant surprise and a job that needs redoing that I would prefer not to have to do. But that's my experience.

Just curious why? Anyone else have this experience?

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2011, 04:09 
I Donated
I Donated

I've enjoyed using the Widescreen Fixer tool by Dopefish, but I have one continuing problem and I have no idea what causes it. The problem is that after a month or so--not sure exactly the time frame, but somewhere in that range, the program refuses to open. I dont' know if it has to do with MS security updates or? etc..I try to run it as Admin etc and all works great until one day it no longer opens?? If I click on the short cut at the bottom of my Win 7 screen the security box will open as always and I'll say OK yes open WSF etc. But the WSF control panel doesn't appear? And even if I go back to the DOC folder where I have all stored and try to again somehow open WSF it just won't happen. I haven't a clue. What I have to do is look around on my machine and delete--including the recycle bin--any and all references to WSF and go back and download anew the whole current WSF and start again. Its not that I can't do it, but I wonder what happens and causes this to occur? Thats all. Its just an inconvenience and takes some time and thought to properly reinstall all and is always an unpleasant surprise and a job that needs redoing that I would prefer not to have to do. But that's my experience.

Just curious why? Anyone else have this experience?

No, i do not...
But it sounds like your run-time files are screwed.
Download and reinstall Framework files like +2005 and +2008.. I'm sure that will fix it.. and after that maybe do a full Win7 update.

Regards

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 14:23 

I'm having a known issue with the steam version of Black Ops Multiplayer. I can't navigate the menus properly with the mouse...
You may optionally disable the fix to select menu items and then re-enable it.

The problem is, even when I disable the fix, the menus don't go back to normal, they stay 'fixed'. For almost all menus I can use the return key, but I can't view all of my stats because you can't scroll left and right on the combat statistics screen with the return key.
It also appears to be really random on mine - some menus work only with the return key, some only with the mouse, and some with both.
For the menu items in CoD, you can move the mouse cursor to the side monitor and it will wrap around and let you select items.

What do you mean by this? Or is this only for MW/MW2?

Btw, you're a legend Dopefish. Without all of your fixes, I never would have purchased an EyeFinity setup. Keep up the great work! :wink:

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 22:00 

WSF no longer works with mw2 multi for me, i think they updated the game yesterday.
When i try to activate WFS after launching the game the game stops working after a few seconds.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 00:43 

Samething to me! it wont work on my MW2 anymore and it gives error!

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 22:02 
Insiders
Insiders

People have been saying that MW2 was updated and mention v1.2.193. However, this is an old version. v1.2.208 was released a long, long time ago and is still the most current. I have not received any updates for it via Steam either. Try verifying your cache and seeing if it gives you an updated version.

On a site note, I just (finally) released an update for MW2 that adds support for alterIW. Sorry for the delay in releasing it.

Let me know how it works. :)

Also, for the menu problem in all Call of Duty games, I still do not have a surround setup. If I had three monitors I could probably get it working fine. I have the computer and video cards for it, I just don't have three monitors. I unfortunately don't see a purchase of three monitors in the near future either, so unless someone is willing to donate a few monitors to me, it's just going to have to wait until I set aside enough money to get a few monitors at once.

As for fixes for other games, I'll see what I can do.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 22:27 

The program said it was running 1.2.208 when it didnt work, dont know why but after downloading the new update you posted it works fine again.
Thanks!

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 00:11 

I've had 2 updates to MW2 mp on steam, 1 yesterday and another today which seems to have rolled back the first patch

latest plugin is working so it's all good

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 01:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Well, Black Ops was updated, and broke widescreenfixer. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 148  Next