Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 14 May 2024, 02:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 11:23 

I am not assured of technical details, but it seems you have understood correctly.
But the question remained. How I can will correct it?
I will be very grateful, if you help me.

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

Post subject: Yamaneco wrote:But the
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 22:13 
Editors
Editors

But the question remained. How I can will correct it?

You would probably need to find the image file inside one of the game's .big archives, extract it, resize it to match your resolution, then drop the new file in the appropriate sub-directory of the game folder or import it back into the .big file to get the game to recognize the new version. FinalBIG can do the extracting/importing. Google should get you a download location real quick.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 08:06 

You speak about a picture a circle or about green area, which on each side?

If about a circle I have found it, it seems.
BFME/apt/SpellStore.big/art/textures/apt_SpellStore_1.tga

But I think that the picture with green area (pouring), instead of that I have found is necessary.

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

P.S.S. Such problem not only at me?

Update: I have searched everything that is possible, but hasn't found more pictures with green area.
There can be a green area actually is not a picture, and any effect which with a transparency impose on the basic image?
In file SpellStore.big there are many various files with the parameters which values are unknown to me. There can be a business in a bottom?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 01:57 
Editors
Editors

Try resizing that .tga file, import it into the .big file, and see if it changes anything in-game. (Back up the original .big first, of course). If the changes don't show in the game, then I'm out of ideas. All those other .apt and .ru files in the .big archives are beyond my understanding.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012, 23:35 

Is there any way to get this working with the unofficial patch 2.02? I just want to play single player and enjoy the changes of the patch and a nice zoom level.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 01:00 
Editors
Editors

Is there any way to get this working with the unofficial patch 2.02? I just want to play single player and enjoy the changes of the patch and a nice zoom level.

I am not familiar with the unofficial patch or how it works. You can probably open the maps in Worldbuilder and edit the camera settings for each map to get the zoom level you want. This is what I did for the mods. Since multiplayer is not a concern then you don't have to worry about version compatibility issues.

I am working on a plan to revisit my BFME2 work and build a new type of fix that would be simpler to use and perhaps offer more features. For now it is just a plan, though; no work has been started yet.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 01:12 

Thanks for the advice, I will look into that. I wish there was just a simple console command I could use to zoom out.

Just an fyi

this is the unofficial patch

http://www.gamereplays.org/rotwkunofficial202/portals.php?show=page&name=why-play-202

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 01:44 

Humm, I can't figure out how to edit an existing map

Post subject: Ok I figured it out.I
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 02:12 

Ok I figured it out.

I extracted your WSEmod.big file, took all the map mp folders and put them in my maps folder, now I can skirmish on all of your maps.

Just out of curiosity what is the rest of the stuff in the mod file for, i.e. the data and art folders. Am I missing out on something here by only using the map files?

Thanks

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 03:30 
Editors
Editors

Ok I figured it out.

I extracted your WSEmod.big file, took all the map mp folders and put them in my maps folder, now I can skirmish on all of your maps.

Just out of curiosity what is the rest of the stuff in the mod file for, i.e. the data and art folders. Am I missing out on something here by only using the map files?

Thanks

Glad to hear it works. Just remember, if any of the unofficial patch's features were created by map file edits, those features will be missing from gameplay.

The art folder has only a new logo with the mod title text. The map.ini file associated with each map file has the setting to disable the hardware fog (which gets quite murky with a higher camera elevation). I *think* the data folder has only one or two changes to the gamedata.ini file--all the other ini and inc files are just redundant. They are included simply because I got the mod working in that state and released just before a deadline, and I never went back and culled them to trim the unneeded files. In short, I don't think you're missing anything major with your current solution. With the Triplehead mods it would be more complicated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next