Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 00:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 21:39 

Can't get the Flawless fix to work with mine.

It just works during the intro credit splash screens then as soon as I "hit enter" the fix disables and I'm stuck with that pillar in the middle view.

I have the Origin download version, but I found one of those cracks you mentioned and applied it to my game, but still no worky.

Try removing the config files in C:UsersVincentDocumentsMy GamesAlice Madness ReturnsAliceGameConfig
If it doesn't work.. remove the config files and reinstall alice all together.

It worked for me :).

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 03:09 

Thanks Hayden works great!

I have the complete collection and I didn't bother applying your fix straight to that as I didn't want to have to deal with other problems so I just applied the crack and ran your fix with FOV set to +7 with my bezel corrected res of 6036 x 1080.

I did however have the problem of the resolution going back to the pillar on the left screen when the main menu hit and I tried setting the second resX value to 6036 in the .ini file however this did not fix it and I had to navigate blindly to set the resolution in game to 6036 x 1080.

Is everyone else having the problem where the game just freezes for a few seconds at random times? I have crossfired 6950s and I was getting bad lag in battles but i turned to physX to low and that seems to be fixed, however I still get this random freeze every now and then, happens even when nothing intensive is going on, very annoying.

Also what does post processing do in this game? When I turn it off my frames go up, and the only difference I can really see from having it on is that everything becomes brighter and more colorful. I think I prefer having it off as you get a more dark and ominous look from the game which is similar to the original.

Also I have noticed that the lock on icon does not hover above the target when in 6036 x 1080 res, not a real big issue, anyone else getting this? The lock system is horrible and clunky and doesn't work properly half the time, trying to avoid using it.

Overall this is a great game, just wish they had optimized the lock on mechanics better before releasing.

If anyone knows how to fix the freezing please share! I have my maxsmoothframerate set to 60 and vsync set to false, with d3doverrider forcing vsync instead, this results in high frame rates with no tearing, just gotta fix this random couple of second freezing I am getting...

Thanks again Hayden!!

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 08:42 

flawless work perfect.............but only if you install the game in "ENGLISH"
i am french, and find this way to reinstall the game no in french but in english and.....working immediately!

after you can change your language..trainer or regedit editing.

work for other language? dont know but in install french...........nothing.

:cheers

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:28 

Thank you so much! :cheers

Any chance of taking a look at the original "American McGee's Alice"? It could sure use a proper widescreen/surround fix, especially the HUD.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 12:36 
Insiders
Insiders

So how is the game, anyway? Certainly looks neat, but it also kinda looks like it may get boring after a while.. and too easy.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 15:18 

So how is the game, anyway? Certainly looks neat, but it also kinda looks like it may get boring after a while.. and too easy.

I would suggest to check some reviews ;)
Personally I like the simplicity in movement because I'm not that good with an xbox controller :D, the fights can be quite hard though.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 02:11 

...Is everyone else having the problem where the game just freezes for a few seconds at random times? I have crossfired 6950s and I was getting bad lag in battles but i turned to physX to low and that seems to be fixed, however I still get this random freeze every now and then, happens even when nothing intensive is going on, very annoying.

If anyone knows how to fix the freezing please share! I have my maxsmoothframerate set to 60 and vsync set to false, with d3doverrider forcing vsync instead, this results in high frame rates with no tearing, just gotta fix this random couple of second freezing I am getting...

Thanks again Hayden!!

I am also having the random freezes (1-5 seconds) then back to normal. Also noticed that PhysX is not working as well as it should along with poor gpu usage (19%, 14%, 15%) across all three cards and fps dropping (down to 14fps) because of it.

I have the SLi profile, but am unsure why this is all happening.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 04:32 

Try renaming "PhysXDevice.dll" to "PhysXDevice.bak" in your "...alice madness returnsBinariesWin32" folder.

This effectively forces the game to use the installed version of PhysX rather than the one included with the game. You might recognize this fix if you've ever dealt with hardware PhysX in Mirrors Edge :wink:

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 00:22 

I'm having problems with the game freezing while at the loading screen ie. the one with the oscillating key chain. Eventhough i turned off the AA setting inside the game, I constantly get the red sign indicating the AA has been changed to 2xAA because of not having enough video memory. It says to either turn off 3D or surround. I guess this might be why the game freezes.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 00:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah running out of VRAM would cause some nice stuttering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next