Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Sep 2024, 17:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 01:33 

I can't seem to get HaYDeN's .9 fix and the 1.4LAA fix to work together.
Both of them work fine when run separately, .9 works, .3 before it was great, and then the 1.4 LAA fix works by itself, but when I try and run both... it crashes.

I'm running 3 monitors @ 5760x1080 off of a Sapphire 6950 2GB, with 8GB RAM, and a Core 2 Quad. On 1 monitor (1920x1080) at Ultra, while not running either patch, I get about 45-60 minutes of gameplay before CTD. Generally event triggered (ie. loading screen/fast travel, or attempting to take a screenshot). When running in eyefinity, it drops down to 10-15 minutes before CTD. When running in only 1 monitor, I've monitored RAM and CPU load, and it seems to crash after attempting to use more than 2GB of RAM (split roughly evenly between system and video RAM), hence my desire to use both patches...

Given that other people seem to be running HaYDeN's fix with the 4GB LAA Patch, I assume that I'm doing something wrong... any suggestions?

Edit: Also, I thought it would go without saying, but decided to add it just in case. HaYDeN's fix isn't outputting any errors. Standard 'Waiting... Found.. opened... injected... allocating... etc' messages. No output from the LAA patch. Even when run from command line.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 07:17 
Administrators
Administrators

I can't seem to get HaYDeN's .9 fix and the 1.4LAA fix to work together.
Both of them work fine when run separately, .9 works, .3 before it was great, and then the 1.4 LAA fix works by itself, but when I try and run both... it crashes.

I'm running 3 monitors @ 5760x1080 off of a Sapphire 6950 2GB, with 8GB RAM, and a Core 2 Quad. On 1 monitor (1920x1080) at Ultra, while not running either patch, I get about 45-60 minutes of gameplay before CTD. Generally event triggered (ie. loading screen/fast travel, or attempting to take a screenshot). When running in eyefinity, it drops down to 10-15 minutes before CTD. When running in only 1 monitor, I've monitored RAM and CPU load, and it seems to crash after attempting to use more than 2GB of RAM (split roughly evenly between system and video RAM), hence my desire to use both patches...

Given that other people seem to be running HaYDeN's fix with the 4GB LAA Patch, I assume that I'm doing something wrong... any suggestions?

Edit: Also, I thought it would go without saying, but decided to add it just in case. HaYDeN's fix isn't outputting any errors. Standard 'Waiting... Found.. opened... injected... allocating... etc' messages. No output from the LAA patch. Even when run from command line.
I am running a very similar setup to you (same exact video card), but I am running an older 4GB LAA patch with no issues. I have uploaded it for you to try: (link removed)

Same deal as the others. Unzip the LAA patch into a directory somewhere. Start Hayden's 0.9 patch, click Inject patch. Start skyrim4gb.exe in the LAA patch folder and all should work. I found that on the very odd occasion, the game would not take the patch on load and your menu options would be on the right hand screen. I would close Skyrim, click Inject Patch again, and restart Skyrim via the 4GB LAA patch again and all is well. This is very rare but has happened maybe 3 times.

Post subject: GOTY!!
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 07:53 

GAME OF THE YEAR!!! As if anything else even stood a chance...

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 10:23 
Editors
Editors

GAME OF THE YEAR!!! As if anything else even stood a chance...

Absolutely. :onethumb

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 10:59 

[quote]I can't seem to get HaYDeN's .9 fix and the 1.4LAA fix to work together.

I am running a very similar setup to you (same exact video card), but I am running an older 4GB LAA patch with no issues. I have uploaded it for you to try: (link removed)

Same deal as the others. Unzip the LAA patch into a directory somewhere. Start Hayden's 0.9 patch, click Inject patch. Start skyrim4gb.exe in the LAA patch folder and all should work. I found that on the very odd occasion, the game would not take the patch on load and your menu options would be on the right hand screen. I would close Skyrim, click Inject Patch again, and restart Skyrim via the 4GB LAA patch again and all is well. This is very rare but has happened maybe 3 times.

let me know if going back to Aussie's version helped you. I have a friend who has a similar configuration who was having a similar problem and we rolled back to the Nov 21st version of the LAA Patch and it seems to have fixed it. I'm curious though, what Catalyst drivers are you using? We upadate his Catalyst drivers to 11.11 as well, so I'm nto really sure which of the two fixed his problem but he doesn't seem to be crashing anymore. He has the Sapphire 6950 as well. I am running similar configurations as both of you but am running XFX 6950. One more thing. How much system memory do you have?

Post subject: thales100 wrote:H8Cr1me
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 11:10 

[quote]GAME OF THE YEAR!!! As if anything else even stood a chance...

Absolutely. :onethumb

LOL even with all the bugs and non multi-monitor support I agree. I think I've spent as much time modifying my game, and helping other trying to get it running on their systems as playing it, but even when all that's done I'm still excited to log back in and kick a Dragon's butt.

Post subject: Anyone else been having
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 17:49 

Anyone else been having issues with 1.3/Hayden 0.9? I'm getting CTD's constantly now, mainly any time I go to Fast Travel off the map. Occasionally I'll see a red screen for the map, but all the map icons are fine. Almost every crash is either right when I say "Yes" to Fast Travel, or I load into the new location, take three steps and then CTD. This is new in 1.3/0.9 and I never had any problems up prior. I know I can roll back, but just want to see if anyone else is seeing the same issues.

I've also noticed a lot of texture issues with missing textures and such, but that could be a driver issue on my side.

Running 2 x Radeon 6950's with Catalyst 11.11c.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 19:11 

Anyone else been having issues with 1.3/Hayden 0.9? I'm getting CTD's constantly now, mainly any time I go to Fast Travel off the map. Occasionally I'll see a red screen for the map, but all the map icons are fine. Almost every crash is either right when I say "Yes" to Fast Travel, or I load into the new location, take three steps and then CTD. This is new in 1.3/0.9 and I never had any problems up prior. I know I can roll back, but just want to see if anyone else is seeing the same issues.

I've also noticed a lot of texture issues with missing textures and such, but that could be a driver issue on my side.

I'm having the same issue with CTDs. I'm not sure if it is 1.3 or Hayden .9 either, but it wasn't happening before for me too

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 19:13 

It seems with 0.9 Hayden Fix (though I think all of them were this way) that you can not click an NPC correctly in Console. Is anyone else having this issue? I had a problem with a quest, and had to do a command on an NPC but I could not select them. I had to change to 1920x1080, fix the quest, then change back.

Main Box: 3x Dell U2311h 23" Monitors, Intel i7 2600K @4.3Ghz * ASUS P8Z68-V Pro * G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 1866 * ASUS HD6950 DCII 2gb Eyefinity 6 + Sapphire HD6950 2gb Dirt3 Edition [6970 Shader Unlocks, CrossFireX]

Post subject: Twinsen77 wrote:Meatball
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 19:44 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Anyone else been having issues with 1.3/Hayden 0.9? I'm getting CTD's constantly now, mainly any time I go to Fast Travel off the map. Occasionally I'll see a red screen for the map, but all the map icons are fine. Almost every crash is either right when I say "Yes" to Fast Travel, or I load into the new location, take three steps and then CTD. This is new in 1.3/0.9 and I never had any problems up prior. I know I can roll back, but just want to see if anyone else is seeing the same issues.

I'm having the same issue with CTDs. I'm not sure if it is 1.3 or Hayden .9 either, but it wasn't happening before for me too

Im running this 4Gb patch - http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/18156/eyefinity-skyrim-confirmed-hor-broken-m?page=172#comment-237304 (post #1721) posted by Exodus, plus v1.3 and HaYDeN's fix 0.9, excellent combo, no CTDs at all. :twothumb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 302  Next