Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 19:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 01:52 

No it doesnt, i just tried, once you enter the war room menu, you cant click on anything, only option is to ALT-F4 and kill the game as the SCAPE key does nothing, tried both normal res and bezel corrected with Eyefinity in a 7970 :(, The widescreen fixer doesnt work for me so I cant play this game in triple screens :(

Grab the older version of widescreen fixer (r397) from here for now: https://www.widescreenfixer.org/old.php
Just remember to activate it after you get to the main menu, and deactivate it before going into the mod bench. You may also have to leave it disabled when going into the multiplayer main menu.

Are you sure you can't play it without widescreen fixer? The only problem I've experienced so far with native eyefinity support is the HUD not centred, which I'll test later with bezel compensation. Everything else works fine, apart from the occasional failed menu load, which usually fixes itself after restarting the game.

Post subject: CY:G wrote:So if you use
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 03:39 

So if you use Eyefinity is the fix needed at all? I know for the FOV one can use the Coeds file.

Dunno. I can only report that apart from a few audio issues the Reoloaded exe that unlocks DLCs and Reloaded game files do Eyefinity fine here...no problemt with any menu or dialog/movie clip in game.

I was astounded. Figured I try before I buy to make sure something doesn't work.

Post subject: helifax wrote:Loganbacca
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 03:50 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Hi,
I cannot test it on Eyefinity as I have Surround :( The engine works differently on Eyefinity than Surround, so all the things the engine does are completely different. That is why you see this behavior. I know the game support Eyefinity if no bezels are being used.
To make the fix compatible with eyefinity I would need an Eyefinity setup to do my stuff there:(

I am sorry that I cannot help more:(

Best Regards,
Helifax

Not a problem man and for now the r396 version is working correctly for me by centring the HUD.

Is it possible for you to compare how you were implementing it in the old version of the plugin to the new version? That might give you an idea of what may need to be changed to get it working on Eyefinity again?
Otherwise is there anything we can supply you with (aside from another graphics card), memory dumps or something, that would help you to work out how to get it going?

HI,
I know what the differences are between the two releases:) But, are you saying that in the Demo with the FIX it worked properly for Eyefinity users?
I can add the FOV to that version , but you will still need to enable/disable the fix like in the demo. I cannot solve the menu issue with that approach.

FOR THE FOV:
I also noticed that during some missions, the FOV address changes. I will look in the future for a better pointer and how that I can pinpoint a better one.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Phew...I thought I was going crazy when my FOV looked different :P Also, I know you said something about MP FOV, but is it something that you might look at? I haven't played MP yet, but I remember from the demo it was obviously crap like SP, so it would be good to have an option despite possible banning. If not, all good...don't want to distract you too much from this awesome game! :)

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 09:45 

[quote]So if you use Eyefinity is the fix needed at all? I know for the FOV one can use the Coeds file.

Dunno. I can only report that apart from a few audio issues the Reoloaded exe that unlocks DLCs and Reloaded game files do Eyefinity fine here...no problemt with any menu or dialog/movie clip in game.

I was astounded. Figured I try before I buy to make sure something doesn't work.
Hmm... well I just tried bezel comp, non-bezel comp, and the reloaded version (just the exe, I used the retail content files) and it didn't work, always stretched the in-game HUD over all 3 monitors. I'd say for the retail version at least we do need a HUD fix. All the other menu's are fine on Eyefinity though.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 12:28 

Yeah I'm also not getting a centred HUD with or without bezel-compensation, with Eyefinity. dopefish, is there anything in the config files on your setup that might be controlling the centering? Under DocumentsBiowareMass Effect 3BioGameConfig iirc. I've only got the settings from the game's Configurator app in mine, but I know there are more settings you can add to it eg. DepthOfField=False.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 14:11 

Yeah I'm also not getting a centred HUD with or without bezel-compensation, with Eyefinity. dopefish, is there anything in the config files on your setup that might be controlling the centering? Under DocumentsBiowareMass Effect 3BioGameConfig iirc. I've only got the settings from the game's Configurator app in mine, but I know there are more settings you can add to it eg. DepthOfField=False.

Ah, you guys are worrying about a centered HUD. So long as HUD elements don't hide under bezels and are out of the way I don't care in the least. Game is perfectly playable otherwise at least under Eyefinity bezel corrected resolutions, and HUD centering is the only issue that I am seeing that is listed fixed under the patch/fix by Helifax.

Considering that is the only real issue, as all the other menus/screens/movies work fine...I really don't get what the "C" grade is about on the detailed report. If the game is that close to working perfectly for Eyefinity and that broken on Nvidia Surround, perhaps there should be two grades. I mean hell, Fallout 3 at default had the same HUD issues as well as some menu issues to boot and it got a silver medal.

Post subject: Skripka wrote:evilmatt
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 14:29 

[quote]Yeah I'm also not getting a centred HUD with or without bezel-compensation, with Eyefinity. dopefish, is there anything in the config files on your setup that might be controlling the centering? Under DocumentsBiowareMass Effect 3BioGameConfig iirc. I've only got the settings from the game's Configurator app in mine, but I know there are more settings you can add to it eg. DepthOfField=False.

Ah, you guys are worrying about a centered HUD. So long as HUD elements don't hide under bezels and are out of the way I don't care in the least. Game is perfectly playable otherwise at least under Eyefinity bezel corrected resolutions, and HUD centering is the only issue that I am seeing that is listed fixed under the patch/fix by Helifax.

Considering that is the only real issue, as all the other menus/screens/movies work fine...I really don't get what the "C" grade is about on the detailed report. If the game is that close to working perfectly for Eyefinity and that broken on Nvidia Surround, perhaps there should be two grades. I mean hell, Fallout 3 at default had the same HUD issues as well as some menu issues to boot and it got a silver medal.

So when you press SCAPE And then go to menus like the graphics menu, the menus are properly scaled? when i press ESCAPE, the menu is scaled but as soon as i enter any other menu, Graphics for example, the menu is huge and most elements are out-of-screen and non clickable. For example, I cant even use the space travel menu as the LAND button is outside of my screens.

Internet at home is spotty and I cant use DRM like Origin's, I own the game but when my connection is down, the game wont even load my save files because as soon as you use their DLC, it locks the save game to first check for DLC therefore Im also using the RELOADED exe with bezel correction, I wonder why it doesnt work on my computer. :( Game looks awesome in triple screen, but its unplayable without being able to click menus :(

Post subject: CY:G wrote:So when you
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 14:58 

So when you press SCAPE And then go to menus like the graphics menu, the menus are properly scaled? when i press ESCAPE, the menu is scaled but as soon as i enter any other menu, Graphics for example, the menu is huge and most elements are out-of-screen and non clickable. For example, I cant even use the space travel menu as the LAND button is outside of my screens.

Internet at home is spotty and I cant use DRM like Origin's, I own the game but when my connection is down, the game wont even load my save files because as soon as you use their DLC, it locks the save game to first check for DLC therefore Im also using the RELOADED exe with bezel correction, I wonder why it doesnt work on my computer. :( Game looks awesome in triple screen, but its unplayable without being able to click menus :(

Goofy. All my menus are scaled properly incl. system menus in&out-of-game/game menu/character powers menu/galaxy map/workbench/storefronts...I haven't found anything not scaling properly yet heck even my characters head is scaled right in the character menu, and I got about 1/3-1/2 through the single-player main quest-line so far...only thing wonked is sound after the EA logo video sometimes, and I have to restart the game. I'll see about posting some screencaps later tonight.

I don't get how it happens that Origin/retail is broken in Eyefinity/Surround but a full "Reloaded" version with unlocked DLC works in Eyefinity fine. It makes no sense to me.

<----------------For reference, my system specs

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 15:26 

[quote]

Goofy. All my menus are scaled properly incl. system menus in&out-of-game/game menu/character powers menu/galaxy map/workbench/storefronts...I haven't found anything not scaling properly yet heck even my characters head is scaled right in the character menu, and I got about 1/3-1/2 through the single-player main quest-line so far...only thing wonked is sound after the EA logo video sometimes, and I have to restart the game. I'll see about posting some screencaps later tonight.

I don't get how it happens that Origin/retail is broken in Eyefinity/Surround but a full "Reloaded" version with unlocked DLC works in Eyefinity fine. It makes no sense to me.

<----------------For reference, my system specs

hmm im also using the Reloaded exe with unlocked DLC, im starting to think by looking at your specs that its an issue with 5760 * 1200 with bezel correction, you seem to be using 5040 * 1050 with bezel correction, i will give that a try later tonight. Maybe @ 5760 the engine goes crazy or something. Thanks.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 23:47 

Thank so much for this. I just noticed two things :

- The FOV fix works well in MP
- The sniper rifle (m-92, the one i have tested) reset the fov to default

Is it intended?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next