Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Jun 2024, 08:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: zoomed menus
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 16:10 

Same problem here

Game works great, but objects, perks and magic menus zoomed in (vanilla menus and Skyui)

Skyrimprefs.ini edited to main resolution 3840 and 1024

and cache revised...

any idea

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 17:06 

Status Window messages:

The Elder Scrolls v: Skyrim Process Found. Path -> d:program filessteamsteamappscommonskyrimTESV.exe

Base Address -> 0x400000, Process ID-> 5908, auto Detected Version -> UNSUPORTED
Display Resolution:3840x1024, Monitors 1x1, Bezel Compensation: false, Aspect Ratio 3.75
(GeForce GTX 670 on.NVDisplay)

any idea?
Can you help?

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 17:11 

got it

reinstalled skyrim plugin

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 19:16 

now works after reinstalled skyrim pluggin, but has lag on the mouse. i try all the 10 steps with FPS limited to 50. months ago only with isize 5760 works fine ahah

Post subject: Sorry to bother, but i'm
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2012, 19:59 

Sorry to bother, but i'm getting the same menu issues others were describing earlier. I've tried updating the plugins, re-installing both them and Flawless widescreen. I've tried to uninstall just the Skyrim plugins that Flawless Widescreen downloads from its own repo's and add the more recent one you posted, but FW seems to ignore its own settings and download its own plugins again anyway.

I'm running version 1.7.7.0.6 and I've verified the local files in steam with no change. Within FW itself I see two plugins, one labelled The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and another TESV V: Skyrim (Old Fix). Using the first I get weird ratio problems with the game, horizontally everything fits but things are cropped off the top. Also all the elements are compressed and skewed. Using the second (Old Fix) plugin the Tab menu (skill, item, etc) looks fine, however the item menu itself is scaled off the screen, as well as the initial menus when launching the game.

Any advice anyone could give me is appreciated.

I'm running at 5980x1080 on a AMD Radeon HD 7950.

Post subject: For anyone interested, I
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 09:35 

For anyone interested, I managed to get some reasonable results by using the override display detection function in Flawless Widescreen. This solved all my issues apart from within the inventory. There the list is fine however items are far too large, as reported by others previously. The adjustment slider for tweaking item size doesn't seem to have an effect. I've tried making some brutal changes to the .lua script to see if I can sort it myself, however I can't seem to get any changes to items viewed in the inventory. Outside of that I can see results. I'm wondering if the address for inventory items has changed? I don't know enough to actually go any further myself.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 11:28 
Insiders
Insiders

For those that are having problems, please state your configuration including any GUI type mods in Skyrim, there's a couple of other posters who have said they have some GUI mod, can't remember the name and that breaks it... personally I run vanilla, so that's what the fix is based on.

For those that are having issues with displaydetection (check the log in flawless widescreen) - eg. it's saying something like 5760x1080 but monitors = 1 then thats wrong and it will break the fix for this game or any other fix that uses the GridX/GridY monitor positioning to size or place elements, i've seen this happen seldom and only for crossfire users, not reproducible without the appropriate gear to do, the only fix for this is to use override as Gofortheface has indicated.

I could entertain adding fixing for mod's if the time is warranted (eg. enough people care about it) and you have proven that the issue is caused by a specific mod. (eg. if you install it and the behavior is normal, then it's most likely the mod right?)

Here are the results I get when I run the fix in a standard 1.7.7.0 TESV Enviroment + NVIDIA GTX670 wtih 3x 24" 1920x1080 displays, if yours does not look the same the fix is not working as intended.

FWS whilst running:

If Flawless widescreen is not detecting the display properly and you think it should be you can
A) configure it manually
eg.

B) Post in the Flawless Widescreen thread with all the pertinent details so I can investigate.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: great job hayden's
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 13:28 

great job hayden, like always

and shame for Bethesda to see a more professional attitude in its product users than themselves

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 14:37 

FWS Auto Detection has never worked for me, always comes up with Monitors 1x1.
Could it be because my aspect ratio is 16:10? I just always assumed your tool didn't work until I saw here you can set it manually, now it works like a charm.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 14:43 
Insiders
Insiders

FWS Auto Detection has never worked for me, always comes up with Monitors 1x1.
Could it be because my aspect ratio is 16:10? I just always assumed your tool didn't work until I saw here you can set it manually, now it works like a charm.

I'd like to get to the bottom of these types of issues, can you post some details in the FWS thread, eg. Your hardware (NVIDIA,AMD), wither its crossfire or not, driver version etc.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293 ... 302  Next