Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 16:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: well well well...
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 12:27 

When i got into the game i noticed the circle wasn't round.
Accidentally used the base AR instead of the calculated one.

Fixed, just re download above. Should contain 1b.

Post subject: Re: FOV Fix Reworked
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 13:12 

Hi all,

I got motion sickness using the default settings so i was really looking forward to this fix. Unfortunately it didn't quite work for me. Every time i hit star FarCry2 just closed on me.

In any case, i looked at Racer_S code patch and just modified it till it worked for me. Also included automatic Aspect Ratio calculations so you will, for example, always have a perfectly round Sniper Scope.

I put it up for download on:
http://raven.is-a-geek.net/post/FwO_FarCry2_FOV_v1.zip

Regards,

Raven

I just tried this with 16:9, it seems to only make it wider or thinner, so my map is still cut off.

Post subject: Far Cry 2
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 14:16 

BTW, anyone know how to contact with Racer_S?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 14:22 
Editors
Editors

Did you try sending him a PM ?
Or just leave a message here ... he does read see these posts.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 15:39 

Did you try sending him a PM ?
Or just leave a message here ... he does read see these posts.
Somehow, message stays in outbox, not sendbox... Is it ok?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 15:49 
Editors
Editors

It will stay in the outbox until comes to the forum next ... then it will move to the sent box and he should receive it.
He may have the opted out of being notified of them ... if so he won't know there is one for him unless he looks.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 16:57 

Hi there I'm new to this forum, first of all congrats to the forum.

I have a simple question, I play the game on a 22'' monitor that is 16:10 (1680x1050), but I play the game at 1280x720(my card is shit (HD 2600Pro)) wich is 16:9. What FOV should I use?

Is your monitor stretching 1280x720 to fill your screen? If so, just leave your desktop resolution at 16:10 and use a 16:10 FOV. Otherwise (black bars) what yogibbear said.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 18:38 

I seem to be having a problem with this program. I'm using version 3 of it and the problem is with Xfire. Whenever I try to load the "xfire in game" (XIG) the game crashes to desktop. This never happens with just xife loaded by itself but when i use the fov hack program the game will crash when i press the key combo for XIG. I tried closing all other programs and tried launching the game and program and xfire in different combinations and still get the same problem. Even if I close the fov hack program then press the key combo to load XIG, it will still crash.

I don't know if this is a bug in the game, FOV Hack 3.0, or Xfire but if you Racer_S can see why this might be happening any help would be great. I have Vista Ultimate x64 if that helps at all.

yea bro, xifre and 64bit systems dont mix well when it come to games. I also run Vista x64. Im sure your also getting a "WSOCK32.dll error" aswell, this is also caused by xfire. If anything, just close xfire before you start playing.

ps. not sure if anyone mentioned this, nvidia releasted an updated version of the beta hot-fix driver for Far Cry 2. Seemed to do the trick for me, my game would start in a windowed mode, but this driver took care of that.

Post subject: Re: FOV Fix Reworked
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 03:48 

Hi all,

I got motion sickness using the default settings so i was really looking forward to this fix. Unfortunately it didn't quite work for me. Every time i hit star FarCry2 just closed on me.

In any case, i looked at Racer_S code patch and just modified it till it worked for me. Also included automatic Aspect Ratio calculations so you will, for example, always have a perfectly round Sniper Scope.

I put it up for download on:
http://raven.is-a-geek.net/post/FwO_FarCry2_FOV_v1.zip

Regards,

Raven

I like where you are going with this version, but your method only fixes the 4:3 issue where everything is thinner. We need the ability to increase the vertical FOV too for the widescreen issue to be fixed.

I've been using the Racer_S fix. I wish it would automatically apply the settings when the game loaded rather than having to manually enable it. That way I could write a quick windows script to load and unload the utility when I launch the game.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 07:44 

Solution: Don't use xfire.

That may just be THE worse solution ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next