Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 22:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 13:56 

im waiting for the age of the kings patch!! Good luck!

PostPosted: 09 May 2010, 13:09 

First of all, thanks for this great patch!

I tried it and it works fine for me (1920x1080) but I can't play it online.

Used de Bill's solution

With that HD patch, I guess you mean "this" widescreen patch by boekabart. As I wrote before. To play on gameranger just use generated widescreen .....exe file (located in game root directory) in your own format "age2_x1_AAe you would liAAxBBBB.exe" and handy rename it back to age2_x1.exe and remove it back to TC folder "Age2_x1" (backup you original executable first ... just in caske it later). It works for me on GameRanger perfectly without any problem. I use it at 1680x1050 and also at 1280x800 :bowdown

but the screen just stays black (I'm using Win7). Even if I terminate explorer.exe before it doesn't work. I also tried it with Hamachi but the game crashes while connecting. Anyone here who has a solution for my gameranger problem or knows another way to play it online?

PostPosted: 13 May 2010, 01:40 

Can somebody give me clear directions on how to do this? I would like to play @ 1920 x 1080 on Win7 x64
-what i need to download
-the process

thank you

PostPosted: 16 May 2010, 17:54 

boekabart mate, i'll be front up and honest..im a tard lol. would you be able to patch the AOK version 2.0a like you did for aoc? so its in simple form like the aoc tips your giving out, ive read about 8 pages now and i think im just getting more confused and i dont wanna mess it up. i cant emphasize how good that would be.. always played it on a shitty big resolution, anyway cheers for what you been doing, i'm sure alot of aoc players out there are greatful. if u can do aok, i'll shout ya a beer ;) lol

PostPosted: 16 May 2010, 18:56 

boekabart mate, i'll be front up and honest..im a tard lol. would you be able to patch the AOK version 2.0a like you did for aoc? so its in simple form like the aoc tips your giving out, ive read about 8 pages now and i think im just getting more confused and i dont wanna mess it up. i cant emphasize how good that would be.. always played it on a shitty big resolution, anyway cheers for what you been doing, i'm sure alot of aoc players out there are greatful. if u can do aok, i'll shout ya a beer ;) lol

READ pages 9-13 also, they are exactly about this

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 10:44 

The website is down please make a different link for the file

PostPosted: 24 May 2010, 16:25 

[quote]boekabart mate, i'll be front up and honest..im a tard lol. would you be able to patch the AOK version 2.0a like you did for aoc? so its in simple form like the aoc tips your giving out, ive read about 8 pages now and i think im just getting more confused and i dont wanna mess it up. i cant emphasize how good that would be.. always played it on a shitty big resolution, anyway cheers for what you been doing, i'm sure alot of aoc players out there are greatful. if u can do aok, i'll shout ya a beer ;) lol

READ pages 9-13 also, they are exactly about this

Hello!

I`m trying to download the files, put the website (boekakbart) is offline...
can you upload the file to someone other site like rapid share... megaupload or other... ?

I`m very glad for your hard work to create this patch!

thank you!

sorry by my english, i`m brazilian and I don`t pratice this constantly rs.

PostPosted: 25 May 2010, 07:13 

Up again

Post subject: crash
PostPosted: 25 May 2010, 19:48 

Hi.
First of all thanks for the great patch. It really brings up again the pleasure of playing AoE2 almost a decade later.
So to the point - I have 2 questions regarding a problem. I couldn't patch the game with the executables I had (always not the right size -> skipping)
so I downloaded the one from your site. It works great up to one small thing: when I try to load a multiplayer game (saved earlier) it just starts and then crashes, bringing me back to my desktop.
I tried it and got the same result on 4 different computer including win7 and XP. Did anyone else experience such a behavior?
Creating a new multiplayer game works without an issue. And this leads to my 2nd question - as I really want to play to the end
those very!!! interesting multiplayer games (in the worst case - alone), does anyone know a trick to remove the
"no single players in multiplayer games" rule?

My version is 1.0c

PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 23:24 

How can I get this to work with GameRanger? I tried to follow someone's directions elsewhere in this topic, but they weren't very clear and I couldn't get it working.
Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next