Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 22 Sep 2024, 08:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 22:57 

so i downloaded the file, installed it, but it wont work. i read that you needed the nocd-file... where can you get that? i looked on the link and its not there.
i have window 7 64 bit

thanks

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 19:07 

This is AMAZING. Thank you so much boekabart!

The only problem I have is that I do not understand all the complex programming talk in this thread, so getting this to work at all has been trial and error and constantly hit and miss. I would love for there to be a nice easy to use, step-by-step guide with a guide to how to change resolutions too.

I do not know what I did to get it, but I have a conquerors expansion exe created in my game folder called " age2_x1_1680_1050.exe " and when I run that I get the game at that res, which is fantastic, as it's higher than I could ever get before of course. However my screen resolution is actually 1920 x 1080, so I'd love to get that working, but I have no idea how I can do that, and despite reading almost every page of this thread, whenever I get close to understanding what to do, there is a load of technical jargon that I do not understand!

For the guy wanting help above, I don't know what the batch file created on the desktop actually does, as it's only ever given that same error message for me, the only way I can run the game with a new resolution is using the .exe that gets created in my main game folder.

Any more support would be incredibly welcomed boekabart, but thank you already for putting so much of your time and effort into supporting this fantastic old game! You are a true legend.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 19:28 

boekabart you are an absolute legend, thank you so much indeed for putting so much time and effort into making this patch. I have had some success and it has got me playing AoEII again!

I would really appreciate some help with my problems though:

Has anyone had any success in running any resolutions other than 1680 x 1050?

I tried to follow all the instructions, and most things leave me with error messages, but I do have a .exe with the conquerors icon that has 1680_1050_ in the name, and it runs the game with that res. Great!

But my screen is 1920 x 1080, so what are my next moves to try and get that to work?

I am so grateful to boekabart for this wonderful patch, I just wish I could get it to work at resolutions other than 1680. Any help greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 20:44 

Hello, maybe I did not understand correctly, but only thing, that AOC W7 color FIX do is watching for process "age2_x1.exe" in process list. If this is started, the app. suspend/kill explorer. It has nothing to do with any of age2_x1.exe versions. You can test my app. on any .exe file, if you rename it to age2_x1.exe. If you use any of age2_x1_AAAAxBBBB.exe format, my application will not realize, that AOC has started.

To widescreen patch: I used age2wide patch to have 1680x1050 resolution. I installed it correctly and it works perfectly. I just do not start the game through batch file, but I use only to start the game the new generated age2_x1_1680x1050.exe (placed in game root folder) file. I renamed it back to age2_x1.exe by hand and copied back to Age2_X1 folder over the original .exe (also by myself). This is due to be able to play on GameRanger (GameRanger requires to have executable with original name).

Or, did you ask for something else? :)
I cannot start the game through the batch file either, it never works. But I can start it by using the new generated 1680x1050.exe, but how can I get a different resolution now? People talk about editing files, but I cannot see any of the files that need to be edited. Any help much appreciated, I love playing in 1680, but my screen is 1920 and I would love to have those extra pixels!

Thanks in advance people :)

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 04:38 

is this compatible with multiplayer. i cant get it to work on gameranger

Post subject: Gr8 work but online gg !
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2011, 13:12 

nice work der ... but it is patched for only aoe1.0 and 1.0c not for aoe1.0e which we widely use to play online. can u plz fix the problem ?
( It creates an age2_x1_myresolution_e.exe but seems that that also is aoe 1.0c )

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2011, 13:26 

I'm pretty sure this is 1.0e (anti-cheat version of 1.0c) internally checking whether it is 'unchanged' - it isn't, obviously, therefore reporting 1.0c (possibly cheaty version) instead of 1.0e. Only the author of 1.0e can help me with this, I'm afraid...

No it isnt 1.0e ... it comes as 1.0c only whn tryin to play multiplayer .... plz help coz dat patch is awsome

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 04:49 

One thing I did notice is that with the exe modified, there is no more Turbo Random map available...

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 06:22 

Hey there, first of all thanks alot for doing this!!

But I really can't figure out which files to download and how to install.

Please please please, someone tell me how to do a step by step install - thanks!

[My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080]

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 11:13 

can anyone explene how to fix work with AOC W7 color fix

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next