Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 13:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 13:15 

I don't care about the value of the FOV i.e 50,60,70,100...etc.I start caring when FOV interferes negatively to my experience.And i'm talking about motion sickness.I suffer with every game with a relatively low FOV.Halo 2,Turok,Stranglehold,Call of Juarez are some of them.As long as i can find a fix i'm ok.But if i can't find one then it's not possible,for me at least,to even play the game.So i care about the FOV only when it causes problems to me.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 21:39 

I don't care about the value of the FOV i.e 50,60,70,100...etc.I start caring when FOV interferes negatively to my experience.And i'm talking about motion sickness.I suffer with every game with a relatively low FOV.Halo 2,Turok,Stranglehold,Call of Juarez are some of them.As long as i can find a fix i'm ok.But if i can't find one then it's not possible,for me at least,to even play the game.So i care about the FOV only when it causes problems to me.

That's unfortunate... The only game that has ever given me stomach problems was Marathon on Xbox Live Arcade (and it was a common complaint for that title). I don't know why that FPS bothered me and literally not a single other has, but it did.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 23:42 

I would still like to know what pants has to do with this.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 01:17 

I would still like to know what pants has to do with this.

Pants have an FOV of like 45.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 02:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Okay, that makes sense.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2009, 09:31 

So I just played this myself and the FOV felt pretty good actually... am I insane?

It was nothing like Turok or pre-patch Bioshock.

Oh, and I thought the game was surprisingly great as well.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 06:20 

It's sh!t for me, too. Besides the poor graphics (looks like it's running on XBox 1), the garbage FOV is the first thing I noticed...much like another poorly "optimized" console-to-PC port: Call of Whorez: Bound in Mediocrity.

Also crashes at the end of the first level when the guy from the future gets shot in the head (but still manages to speak to you.....). Can't get back into the game ever since. Shame, from the trailer, this game seemed to have some great potential.....Oh yeah, a dev at 8monkey Lab confirmed that the final retail game will be SP only.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 01:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Fixer v1.50.0 Released.

* I have not had EB test this version. Use at your own risk.
* Added support for Darkest of Days Demo
* Readded UT3 1.1 to the menu; it was accidentally bumped off in the last release

http://imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer/

Donations appreciated.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2009, 11:26 

It's sh!t for me, too. Besides the poor graphics (looks like it's running on XBox 1), the garbage FOV is the first thing I noticed...much like another poorly "optimized" console-to-PC port: Call of Whorez: Bound in Mediocrity.

It was developed for the PC, actually, and the Xbox port is shite judging from the reviews.

I finished this game tonight, bought it on Tuesday... it was very fun, and the graphics were actually quite good. PC Gamer gave it an 8 and I would roughly agree with that score. It is a bit of a hog, so if you like to max your games keep that in mind.

Glad I got it.

Oh, and the FOV never bothered me through the whole game. Looked great.