Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 08:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 03:24 

Hehe:)) Fix is done;)) Still need some tweaks here and there but fixed:

- Centered HUD the same as in the demo. Some markers might not be properly alligned
- Fixed the following FOVs: Normal, Running, Cover. I like the closeup for AIM though so I will not modify this
- Fix still needs to be enabled once you reach the MAIN MENU, or when REVERTING to MAIN MENU

Not Fixed: Scaling of persons in menus:)

Still writing the plugin for WSF. I have the N7 Digital Edition from Origin. Others with other type of packages be advise IT Might WORK OR NOT ;)) I will release the plugin tomorrow evening, after I have it properly working.

Best Regards,
Helifax

A gentleman and a scholar. Well done sir. Well done.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 04:09 
Insiders
Insiders

I uploaded a new version of Widescreen Fixer that adds HUD centering for initial game release v1.00. Helifax also sent me some preliminary FoV fix with it but I didn't have a lot of time to look at that and implement it yet. I'll work with him more on it tomorrow and I'll release a new plugin then.

http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 06:53 
Insiders
Insiders

I uploaded a new version of Widescreen Fixer that adds HUD centering for initial game release v1.00. Helifax also sent me some preliminary FoV fix with it but I didn't have a lot of time to look at that and implement it yet. I'll work with him more on it tomorrow and I'll release a new plugin then.

Thanks for the update mate, I look forward until tomorrow :)

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 07:28 

Excellent, thank you.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 07:51 

Thanks - but when are you supposed to hit * on numpad? It says to wait at least till the main menu, i wait till my games loaded and im out in the real world - but it crashes everytime. Running Radeon 6970 in Crossfire. It natively supports Eyefinith (probably Nvidia Surround), but the menus and character status (when upgrading) is totally unusable.

Hopefully you can get it to work at let me know how to do it :)

Appreciate the hard work.

Post subject: Mass Effect 3
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 08:26 

Thanks - but when are you supposed to hit * on numpad? It says to wait at least till the main menu, i wait till my games loaded and im out in the real world - but it crashes everytime.

I have the same problem with my single HD5870, crashes when the fix is applied but the plugin hasn't been finalized yet. Kinda sucks seeing as both the config tool and in-game settings allow you to change to eyefinity resolutions but then the menus are just all zoomed way in. It's like they made it compatible at the last second but then forgot to test it out lol.

Looking forward to getting this fixed up!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 09:07 

By using a combination of CK's fov fix to set the fov to 100 and the hud fix provided by dopefish i am able to play the game at 3XL with no fov/hud/zoom issues , with the exception of the weapon mod screen.

The only problem I can find is the weapon mods arent displayed or selectable for each gun when choosing your deployment,

This is at 6050x1080 using Nvidia 3d surround using 4 x 580gtx's on 3 x acer HN274

I also did not encounter any issues with any cut scenes when using the above methods,

My game exe also reports it is version 1.01 not version 1.00, and is the origin N7 version (en_US not Russian).

I would take some screenshots but whenever i hit print screen it provides me black blank screenshots back (very interesting - may be to do with the 3d, will try turning it off)

Post subject: Yep same problem, game
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 09:16 

Yep same problem, game crashes when enabling the plugin.

Post subject: Syonco wrote:Yep same
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 10:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Yep same problem, game crashes when enabling the plugin.

If the plugin for the Demo version worked. It should work for this also. I know that at some point people got crashes due to AMD's sucky drivers.....
Also, the game should work natively withEyefinity with no bezel correction for the menus. This fix works for NV Surround as I dont have Eyefinity, nor I suspect to crash the game...

Re-try with the latest drivers from ATI (leaked ones or something) and make sure that is not a driver problem.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Screenshots as promised
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 10:27 

Screenshots as promised ;) (tried to make these as generic and spoiler free as possible!)

Attached files

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next